Pics -- FR500 Cobra (1999)

99svtvert

CanuckCobra said:
Are You running a stock hood? And is that the original finish on the Intake?

Looks awesome,must be a ton of fun!!! great job!!

Cobra 2000R Hood - Ford

Yes, they changed the finish from Magnesium color to Silver Painted Magnesium (same weight = real light) about June 2006.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Very nice....quick question for you - what tranny are you using? Can you powershift it at 7500+ rpm?

I have a good reason for asking. :)

99svtvert

elyrain said:
What controls the cable for the intake?

An actuator (2 cable motor) comes with the intake; but mounting brackets DO NOT (on the DP50 model) which we need. The T46 model (has actuator brackets BUT is now for 97-98 Cobras) only. Used to be you could get the bracket from FMS (it is a coil cover bracket) but I tried for 2 months and they would not send me one; so I made one. The actuator must be mounted and the a switch must be set to control the actuator.

I am using an MSD Window switch (electronic LCD version);

Short Runners to 1900 RPM (prevent runner comtrol blades from banging)
Long Runners 1901 RPM to 4700 RPM (Torque)
Short runners again from 4701 on up (HP).

This is up to individual taste and I have experimented with a dozen settings; all yield a different result in the HP/TQ output at various RPMs. The car can be driver on short runners but dosen't come into it's own until 4500-5000 RPM.

The long runners cause the engine to pull like a mule; almost where the car needs it the most. I wish I could start with long runners at 800 RPM but the noise is too much.

All and all, it is not very hard to do ..... and I like it partially hidden instead of on the coil cover anyway.

I had to farbricate a mount; Mounting position in picture below (next to the PS tank mounted inverted):

ca6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

99svtvert

No vids man; except the FR500 Cam vid and audio if I can find it. I need a Video Camera this summer. Spent too much $$$ on the FR500. It was worth every penny too.

Users who are viewing this thread