Picked up my GHIG Boss

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Congrats and awesome collection of cars. I had a GHIG Gt with brembos and leather recaros for about three months and loved the color. Had to go back to a boss and picked up a white 13 last night.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Congrats and awesome collection of cars. I had a GHIG Gt with brembos and leather recaros for about three months and loved the color. Had to go back to a boss and picked up a white 13 last night.

LOL, your neighbors must think that are are nuts!! Why did you get rid of the CO Boss?

OP, nice collection of cars you have.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
LOL, your neighbors must think that are are nuts!! Why did you get rid of the CO Boss?

OP, nice collection of cars you have.

LOL they do. I got rid of the CO car cause I wasnt using it. Traded it in for a jeep and traded my harley for a set of jet skis for the family for the summer. Plus got a crazy deal on trading it. Thought I would like the GT the same as the boss with the recaros/brembos etc....but didnt

Dadz500

Established Member
OP,

Nice Boss and an awesome collection of cars you have! Congrats, and thanks for sharing the pics.

I love M3's. In your assessment, can you give a comparison between the overall driving experience of the M3 vs. that of the Boss? That being said, we all know which one is the faster car, but is are the amenities and fit and finish in the M3 really worth the price difference over the Boss?

Hard to compare the two cars. The M had the very hard German ride and very expensive to mod. I put axle back Alkrapovic exhaust on it and it was around $4k just for two mufflers and a little bit of pipe. Fit and finish was top notch, but nothing about it was exciting, I mean the leather was soft, the nav was great, but it was pretty plain. As a comparison, my Mom just got an Audi S5, that interior is much nicer. I would say the fit/finish is actaully pretty close between the two cars. Better materials in the M, but it is also $30k more so I would expect that.

As far as the M being worth the extra cash, I think that is a personal preference question. To me, no, not at all. I enjoy the Boss 100x more, but others would say the opposite. Fun factor I think would go to the Boss, but it would be close. What I like about Mustangs are that they are nice, fun, fast, handle well and easy and cheap to mod unless you go crazy. I also like that no one really looks at you in a Mustang unless it is to check out your car, when driving my M, or my 12' CTS-V I had or even my Vette people look at you because they think you are a rich snob. Sure my Roush costs almost as much as an M, but the average person doesn't know that, they all know that an M3 or a CTS-V or (enter any fast luxury car here) cost lots of money and I hate being looked at for that reason or people coming up and asking what I do for a living because I drive an expensive car. When people stop you because of your Mustang it is normally because they love Mustangs, not for any other reason.

So to answer your question, I have no M3, no CTS-V, no luxury cars at all, but I have 4 Mustangs and love them all. So in my mind, clearly, the Boss, Roush, Shelby's when all day long.

svt1111

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. You summed it up about how I see it too.

I've never driven an M3 though, so I was curious if it was all it's cracked up to be. The Boss certainly lives up to all it's accolades. Plus it's fun being the "underdog" at track days!

Hard to compare the two cars. The M had the very hard German ride and very expensive to mod. I put axle back Alkrapovic exhaust on it and it was around $4k just for two mufflers and a little bit of pipe. Fit and finish was top notch, but nothing about it was exciting, I mean the leather was soft, the nav was great, but it was pretty plain. As a comparison, my Mom just got an Audi S5, that interior is much nicer. I would say the fit/finish is actaully pretty close between the two cars. Better materials in the M, but it is also $30k more so I would expect that.

As far as the M being worth the extra cash, I think that is a personal preference question. To me, no, not at all. I enjoy the Boss 100x more, but others would say the opposite. Fun factor I think would go to the Boss, but it would be close. What I like about Mustangs are that they are nice, fun, fast, handle well and easy and cheap to mod unless you go crazy. I also like that no one really looks at you in a Mustang unless it is to check out your car, when driving my M, or my 12' CTS-V I had or even my Vette people look at you because they think you are a rich snob. Sure my Roush costs almost as much as an M, but the average person doesn't know that, they all know that an M3 or a CTS-V or (enter any fast luxury car here) cost lots of money and I hate being looked at for that reason or people coming up and asking what I do for a living because I drive an expensive car. When people stop you because of your Mustang it is normally because they love Mustangs, not for any other reason.

So to answer your question, I have no M3, no CTS-V, no luxury cars at all, but I have 4 Mustangs and love them all. So in my mind, clearly, the Boss, Roush, Shelby's when all day long.

Dadz500

Established Member
Well, sold my 67 Camaro today and my Roush and bought another Boss, I love it that much. This one is race red and I plan on doing a 302's clone. Already ordered the motor parts, trans and rear. Once that is done I will probably do the hood, spoiler and splitter. Had the choice to buy a real 302s or this one and I wanted to go this way because I wanted a finished interior and a car I can drive on the street comfortably.

max5ive0

Established Member
OP, what a testimony to the Mustang in general. Obviously, you could afford any car you want, but you have chosen the Mustang so many times. You have the Boulevard cruiser (vert), the 1/4 mile track monster, the road coarse animal, and had the tuner although I see you sold it to acquire another Boss. Makes me proud to be part of the community as a Boss owner! Especially that its your favorite of all ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

earlycobra

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing what you do with your Race Red Boss. I'm not really a red guy, but I have to say, those cars look awesome in Red. Hell, the look awesome in any color.

Dadz500

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing what you do with your Race Red Boss. I'm not really a red guy, but I have to say, those cars look awesome in Red. Hell, the look awesome in any color.

I am not a fan of red at all, but I have now had 3 red Mustangs. For some reason I like them in red, especially the convertibles since the black from the top brakes them up nicely. The plan for the red one though is to make a 302s clone, not just in appearance but mechanically as well. I still want to be able to drive it on the street and not just make it a track car, but I figured it would be a fun car. I forgot what it was like to have a car with some actual real HP without a power adder, I have been driving supercharged cars for so long and it is real nice to be back to a naturally aspirated car that has some balls behind it, and more power to come.

Dadz500

Established Member
OP, what a testimony to the Mustang in general. Obviously, you could afford any car you want, but you have chosen the Mustang so many times. You have the Boulevard cruiser (vert), the 1/4 mile track monster, the road coarse animal, and had the tuner although I see you sold it to acquire another Boss. Makes me proud to be part of the community as a Boss owner! Especially that its your favorite of all ;)

You know, I have to say the Mustang is just a great all around car. easily customized to your taste, easy and rather inexpensive compared to many other cars to make fast and handle well. I always wanted a Mustang from the time before I had my license on and I could never afford one. The first car I went out and bought once I was finally making a decent living was a Mustang. Since that time I mostly went back and forth between Mustangs and BMW's, but almost always had a Mustang. I have had the greatest Mustangs Ford ever built, the Shelby's, the GT's, multiple Roush cars (built by Roush, not Ford obviously) a Saleen, I have tried all of them. I have to say without a doubt that the Boss is the best of them all. Might not be as fast as my 13' Roush, but it more them makes up for it with it's amazing handling, neutral feel and many other things I have not yet been able to put my finger on. The one thing I know, the Boss is a special car! it is a shame more people can't buy them and that they will stop building them after this year. Maybe next year they will come out with another model that uses the same suspension and such as the Boss, and I hope they do because anyone who wants to buy a GT should be able to buy a reasonably priced car that feels this good.

My GHIG Boss is at the stereo shop now having a Nav unit installed and my 9600ci Radar and the guy who manages the store who I have known for a long time and owns a Mustang himself and has wanted a Boss for 2 years now just called me to tell me he drove mine and tried to explain ow great it is. I told him he didn't need to try, I knew. He is now buying one since I can get him a great deal on them and he sees just how special of a car it is.

As I said, it is just sad they are only building these for two years and not everyone who buys a Mustang will get to enjoy what a Boss is. I mean, I guess it is a good thing too, maybe in 50 years these will be special like the 69-70 Boss' and be worth a bunch of money and when I am dead my kid's can sell them or drive them.

pathfinder22

Congrats! I had a 2013 GT 500 on order but decided on the GHIG Boss 302 and couldn't be happier! I agree, Ford nailed it with this car, its a well balanced automobile, terrific handling, fast and fun to drive. At some point I may still take the plunge on a Shelby but with a platform change looming in 2015, I'll more than likely wait and see what comes off the drawing board next.

Dadz500

Established Member
Congrats! I had a 2013 GT 500 on order but decided on the GHIG Boss 302 and couldn't be happier! I agree, Ford nailed it with this car, its a well balanced automobile, terrific handling, fast and fun to drive. At some point I may still take the plunge on a Shelby but with a platform change looming in 2015, I'll more than likely wait and see what comes off the drawing board next.

I can't say you made a bad decision. While I have both, as I have said, the Boss is my favorite. The shelby as it in HP, but nothing more. The boss is a just a truly incredible car and every time I get it in, I feel even more so how special it is. Again, hat off to Ford for nailing it dead on with an absolutely fantastic car in every way (except the stereo) but who cares, remove the resonators and listen to the sweet sound of the exhaust.

I can't say it enough, this car is great. My salesman drove it today for about 30 or so miles, his first real drive in a Boss with the exception of taking them for gas and detail, he fell in love instantly and I have let him drive my Shelby's and Roush as often as he has wanted.

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
Nice collection ! I too am in South Florida, Cutler Bay to be exact. Do you track your cars? If not and you want to learn, PM me, would be happy to coach you at the next event. There is no charge (other than your entry fee to the event) My last student at Sebring had an LS. What a fun car. You are going to really enjoy it out on the track.
If you already are a track junkie, please visit our web site www.trackweekend.com and register. We have the complete schedule of events there.

Rene' Gomez

Dadz500

Established Member
Nice collection ! I too am in South Florida, Cutler Bay to be exact. Do you track your cars? If not and you want to learn, PM me, would be happy to coach you at the next event. There is no charge (other than your entry fee to the event) My last student at Sebring had an LS. What a fun car. You are going to really enjoy it out on the track.
If you already are a track junkie, please visit our web site www.trackweekend.com and register. We have the complete schedule of events there.

Rene' Gomez

I'm not in South Florida, I am near Daytona but down South often, I was actually just there last weekend. Just had back surgery today but once I am healed I would love to take you up on your offer. I have not yet tracked the car. I am planning on doing the track attack with my Wife as soon as I get the new owners welcome packages for my Boss(s), then I would love to come for a weekend and have you teach me some stuff!

mike5876

Established Member
I'm not in South Florida, I am near Daytona but down South often, I was actually just there last weekend. Just had back surgery today but once I am healed I would love to take you up on your offer. I have not yet tracked the car. I am planning on doing the track attack with my Wife as soon as I get the new owners welcome packages for my Boss(s), then I would love to come for a weekend and have you teach me some stuff!

You never called! Had that twin turbo boss all set for you to try out! Mike

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
Dadz-can you please compare the boss's steering, handling and ride to that of the Shelby's two suspension settings and it's steering settings?

Boss3o2

Established Member
must be nice to have $200k in brand new cars, seems like you are bragging. anyways i wanna see that color in person looks good.

I bet it is nice, and I bet he worked his A** off to get it. Bragging? No, more like being proud of his accomplishments.

Sounds more like someone is "hating" :burn:

Boss3o2

Established Member
OP - Congrats on the purchase! You have a nice collection there. I feel exactly the same about the Boss 302 vs. GT500. There is something so special about this car, and it's connection/chracter it has with the driver.

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member

Ohh, Back Surgery. I hope you are feeling better. I live with back pain often but surgery scares me.

I frequent Sebring often so I will let you know next time we are going. Hopefully you will make it out, it is a ton of fun.

Here is a quick couple of laps in my dedicated track car (Silver SN95) at Sebring. I am in front of the camera car which is a mod-heavy '10 Cammed Camaro SS. Get ready for some fun GTHG. (and, no the Porsche tail lights do not flash, it is a camera reaction to the LEDs) Lead - Follow at Sebring - YouTube

Enjoy your cars and look forward to meeting you.

Rene' Gomez

Users who are viewing this thread