Picked up my GHIG Boss

Dadz500

Established Member
All I can say is WOW! Ford nailed this car. I have a 13 Shelby, 11 Shelby and a 13 Roush RS3 Vert, none are stock, all have suspension, brakes etc, this Boss is the most fun of them all to drive. It is not the fastest, but they just did it right! Love this car. I already had ordered custom made wheels, brakes, and coilovers for it, but have decided to just lower it and use the Ford shocks/struts to try to maintain the incredible job they did. Still going to use my 6 piston Baer brakes and my Niche Forged wheels, but everything else is about as perfect as a car you can ask for in this price range.

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

and my other Loves:

DSC_0045-3.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

Danderson

Established Member
must be nice to have $200k in brand new cars, seems like you are bragging. anyways i wanna see that color in person looks good.

Dadz500

Established Member
must be nice to have $200k in brand new cars, seems like you are bragging. anyways i wanna see that color in person looks good.

Thanks, it is nice! I work hard, I earned them, I enjoy them. I am not exactly sure how I am bragging since I am showing pictures of my cars on a Forum for just that, sharing our cars, thoughts, ideas and asking for help when needed. Maybe if I spoke of things irrelevant to cars that were expensive I would be "bragging", my bad, sorry.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
OP, you have nothing to be sorry about. You were not bragging nor should it have been taken as such. You have some nice rides, How you got them is your business. Enjoy them.:beer:

BTW Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks, it is nice! I work hard, I earned them, I enjoy them. I am not exactly sure how I am bragging since I am showing pictures of my cars on a Forum for just that, sharing our cars, thoughts, ideas and asking for help when needed. Maybe if I spoke of things irrelevant to cars that were expensive I would be "bragging", my bad, sorry.

Last edited:

Dadz500

Established Member
Nice stable, OP. Which one is the favorite?

Thank you. I have to say, as of now, the Boss is my favorite. Really shocked me, not what I expected. There is something very different about this car compared to the others, and it is hard to explain. It just feels so right in every way. 250 hp less then my 13' Shelby, but I don't feel like it is not enough power, the handling is fantastic and I have Saleen Coilovers, Fays2 Watts link, Roush LCA, BMR relocation brackets on the Roush and this one out of the box feels better. The exhaust note is perfect and the Recaros are really excellent. When I originally ordered it, I ordered without but changed my mind so I could have the better differential. So glad I did because those seats are so comfortable. Taking it on a road trip this weekend so it will be interesting to see how they do. Just got back from a 2200 mile trip in the Roush, only felt a little bit of fatigue towards the end of the drive and I am guessing I wont feel any with these seats. Really makes me wish my Shelby had them. All in all, I would say, IMO, this is the best Mustang Ford has ever built and I have had many different Mustangs from 94 up. Hats off to the Engineers at Ford on this car.

nickf2005

Established Member
I agree, must be nice, but you earned it bud. Heck of a collection.

Dadz500

Established Member
Jealous much?

To the OP will you please adopt me? Great line up of cars bro.

Thanks. I am rather fond of them all except the 11 Shelby Vert, but that is for my Wife to drive. I have been begging her to let me tune it. lower it etc, but she likes it just the way it is.

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
Nice garage bud - and I hear you on how fun the Boss is to drive. It gives my six-figure coupe a run in the smile index everyday!

Para81

Established Member
Great collection!

And it doesn't shock me at all that the Boss302 is the most fun to drive. For this reason and considering everyone saying it's the most balanced Mustang ever produced not to mention the only true race-car in the line up i'm getting one and i'm undecided what do with my Shelby.

The financially sound decision would be to just trade in the GT500.

Awesome choice with the green too, looks amazing.

Last edited:

kbroush

Established Member
Ive had my GHIG Boss for a month now and I still feel like a kid in a candy store every time I get in it! Im glad you like it! Its an awesome car and you have an awesome collection!

Dadz500

Established Member
Nice garage bud - and I hear you on how fun the Boss is to drive. It gives my six-figure coupe a run in the smile index everyday!

You have a 6 figure car??? You must be BRAGGING! :lol: I hear you. I was in the middle of buying a 06 Ford GT (which is AMAZING) but for sooo much less money I think the fun factor still goes to the Boss. I mean it is hard to compare a "super car" to the Boss and it is hard to explain the feeling you get while driving a "super car", and in reality the Boss can't touch it, BUT, it is as fun or more to drive it over the Ford GT, and it has 850 hp.

Dadz500

Established Member
Great collection!

And it doesn't shock me at all that the Boss302 is the most fun to drive. For this reason and considering everyone saying it's the most balanced Mustang ever produced not to mention the only true race-car in the line up i'm getting one and i'm undecided what do with my Shelby.

The financially sound decision would be to just trade in the GT500.

Awesome choice with the green too, looks amazing.

My Vote, if you can easily swing it, keep them both. They both have there place and the Shelby is a great car. If I had to give up any of mine I would get rid of the 11 Shelby first, just because it is my Wife's:lol1:, quickly followed by the Roush. The Boss is a great car to just "cruise" in or find those nice twisty roads (which are far and few between in Florida as you know) where the Shelby is just more of a raw brute car.

Users who are viewing this thread