Picked up a used GT500

snakecharmer

Established Member
I traded my Parnelli for the below yesterday. This is actually a used car, though you could hardly call it that with only 697 miles on it. According to Carfax it was titled new in Virginia last Sept, and then offered for sale at a dealer in Virginia beginning in Dec. After a few rounds on E-bay, it ended up at Auction, and Crossroads Ford in Cary bought it last month, and I got it yesterday. The car is absolutely flawless. The shipping sticker was still on the windshield and the floormats had never been taken out of the plastic. I could not find a single rock chip on the car (in fact it has the best paint job by far of any Mustang I have ever owned) when I Zainoed it last night, and not a single swirl in the paint. I have had brand new cars with dirtier paint.

It has all options but Nav (It has the Mach 1000 stereo instead). I got a smoking good deal on it...so good, I'm not really gonna divulge all details, but let's just say the price out the door tax and everything did not start with a 4. They had a silver GT500 KR there, but it was just not worth the extra $$$ and would have meant another car payment, whereas I paid cash for this one.

The reasons I decided to trade the PJ were primarily around to Saleen being out of business. It took me MONTHS to get a couple of replacement parts I needed for the PJ, and I decided I really didn't want two children that had a butt-load of irreplaceable parts in the garage. This one I am going to just drive as a daily (when my ass is not on the bike that is :-D ) and not worry about the irreplaceability of it like I did with the Parnelli and do to an extent with my 97. The 97 is not quite as much a problem as I have a ton of replacement gear for it if I need it and I know where Jason Roth lives. :-D

Impressions of the thing is that it reminds the BMW I used to have. I'm not kidding. It is very very well mannered, rides great, and very quiet and smooth. Mods will be few. It is far more comfortable than any Mustang I have ever owned and I want it to stay that way. :) I may lower it just a tad and do wheels as I'm not a huge fan of the factory rims, and I am toying with changing the stripes from white to silver, which I think would look awesome.

Here's a few pics:

DSCN3540.gif

DSCN3543.gif

DSCN3545.gif

DSCN3547.gif

DSCN3537.gif

Last edited:

Venimus03

Established Member
Sweeeeet. :beer: .....To this day I have still have never riddin in or drove an 05 and up stang, lol.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Sweeeeet. :beer: .....To this day I have still have never riddin in or drove an 05 and up stang, lol.

just go to a dealer and try one out. It's worth the trip if you haven't ever driven the newer style. I drove a 5spd GT, it really surprised me in a lot of ways.

And congrats on the new car, i've heard and seen a good bit of out the door GT500s for 34-39k.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
That's awesome man. I'd LOVE to have one of those, but it would mean selling the 03. From what I can tell after having driven a few of them, it really seems as if the new cars are built sooo much better than the Fox-4 chassis cars. Enjoy!

SLOWBRA

Established Member

It's funny you say that. Eric (snakecharmer) picked me up yesterday and it was the first time I rode in a 05+.

Sounded like my 04, but rode much nicer.

I wouldn't trade my 04 on one of these, but they are definitely nice.

TRBO VNM

Awesome Eric. The silver stripes would look killer. I agree on how they ride. I have driven a couple gt's and gt500's. I really do like the 05+.

like I mentioned on the phone, when you are ready I can get you setup with a couple tunes from Jon Lund for fuel mileage and a street tune with the intake. if you are interested in wheels and like the True Forged, I can get you setup with them as well Eric.

oh yeah, drive it on up and we can slap that hellion kit on it to. :D

oh yeah, your saleen rides amazing though. I really miss it, but you can change your Will now and leave me the gt500 instead of the saleen. :beer:

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn, that's nice, but I'll have to say I love the PJ sooo much more.

I'd love to have one of the new supercharged H302 stangs!

TRBO VNM

it all depends on the deals you make throughout life and the economy/market and if you take advantage of it all.

Last edited:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
it all depends on the deals you make throughout life and the economy/market and if you take advantage of it all.
:beer:

Right place at the right time works, too.

Congrats on the purchase. I still have not even sat in one yet. Would love to roll out in one to see the power.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Rang the original selling dealer today in northern Virginia. He graciously agreed to have another copy of the window sticker run for it. Found out the car was sold to a big customer of theirs who decided :dw: :eek: to trade it back in for a Fusion.

Whoever he is, I thank him for taking a 10K depreciation hit for me! :-D

The dealer said it had been on their showroom floor since he traded it back in, in December, which explains why it was super clean and obviously had not been stored outside.

Users who are viewing this thread