Picked Up a New Car Last Weekend

zachcrosen

Established Member
I have been DDing a '90 miata for basically the past 12 years and wanted something bigger, faster and with more doors/seats. A buddy of mine just picked the car up the last week of January and put it up for sale about 2 weeks ago. He buys and sells cars more than anyone I've ever seen before.

I picked up a '05 Saab 9-2X Aero, 5 speed. It is basically a Saab body on a WRX chassis. This one came stock with a 2.0 turbo but a previous owner did a forged bottom end 2.5 swap! The car puts down just at 300/300 to all 4 wheels on 17#! It's a blast to drive. Here are some pix and the mod list from when I got it.

image_zpsr22wtjow.jpg

image_zpseo34an7a.jpg

image_zpsvx2ppja3.jpg

image_zpswyhjmfgr.jpg

image_zpsxehwjspd.jpg

image_zpslz8eqhwb.jpg

image_zpsmha75crh.jpg

starnsey

Established Member
Interesting, not sure I've ever seen one of these before...or just passed it off as another WRX without taking a closer look. Looks cool especially with those big brakes

bokyo1987

Established Member
Sweet looking car. I don't see Saabs very often...some models definitely catch my attention though.

zachcrosen

Established Member
I had never heard of them before either. I don't like any of the other ones I've seen since I bought this one. It may be the color and wheel combo! I've always loved the sound of the Boxer motors. It's definitely a fun car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had never heard of this model, either. I like it! Good looking car with some decent utility for around town and great power! Congratulations!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I surprised it only made 300/300 with the ported heads, STi cams and the VF39. I would have expected at least 330-340whp and equal amount of torque. Either way, nice car!

lpheaven

Established Member
now that is a cool little car. I would love to have a hatch like that. Can you fit a 6' ladder in it ? It would make a perfect lil workhorse for my handyman stuff at my apartments.

zachcrosen

Established Member
Ipheaven, you could possibly fit a 6' ladder in the car but I don't know. I was told the motor was good for up to 450whp.

zachcrosen

Established Member
Austinj427, I was looking at WRXs, STIs and EVOs and they seemed to all be in the low to mid teens and this was under $10k with a ton of mods and engine work.

Users who are viewing this thread