Picked up a 5.0 this weekend

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Most will think I'm nuts but I sold my '08 Shelby this weekend and picked up an '11 5.0L. Looking to order some exhaust and intake today. Thinking JLT for intake but see the MMR piece too.

Who likes what, and what dealers running the best prices right now?

TIA,
Jason

DVan8504

Established Member
Just curious, what made you get rid of the GT500 for a 2011 GT? I understand you like to change cars a lot, but what attracted you to the GT over the GT500?

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Will try and get pics up some time this week.

As for getting rid of the Shelby, honestly she was a great car but showing her age a little. I had damn good positive equity in her and picked up the GT pretty darn cheap. I've been waiting eagerly for the 5.0 for a few years and now that they've been out for awhile and the aftermarket support is picking up I decided it was time to make the deal happen. The Shelby was the 4th Forced induction Ford I'd played with and want to build a NA car. Goal is pretty lofty at 500RWHP NA, we'll see how it goes, looks like the Coyote has the potential to do it.

Jason

DVan8504

Established Member
Will try and get pics up some time this week.

As for getting rid of the Shelby, honestly she was a great car but showing her age a little. I had damn good positive equity in her and picked up the GT pretty darn cheap. I've been waiting eagerly for the 5.0 for a few years and now that they've been out for awhile and the aftermarket support is picking up I decided it was time to make the deal happen. The Shelby was the 4th Forced induction Ford I'd played with and want to build a NA car. Goal is pretty lofty at 500RWHP NA, we'll see how it goes, looks like the Coyote has the potential to do it.

Jason

Gotcha. It looks like 500rwhp NA is definitely possible.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/754282-jpc-makes-507-7-rwhp-na.html

2011fiveliter

Established Member
I bought the Airaid CAI, and a BAMA tune, from American Racing. I like the package, made my car feel more powerful and responsive. Have not had it dynoed yet. that will come. I am waiting to get my 3:73 gears installed first.

JL-KA

Established Member
Not sure I would have made the same dicision but congrats nonetheless.
PS. 2011fiveliter you can edit your post by clicking the "edit" button on the bottom of the post rather than making a new post.

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
congrats...you will love this car..they are awesome.. I am amazed at the results we have gotten with just a few bolts ons and tune on ours

I would recommend a JLT.. they have the choice of a carbon fiber or plastic tube and a SCT XCAL3

we price match :beer:

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Paid right around $32K, forget the exact amount, sticker was $38K and some change. She's white with M6, 3.73's, Brembo's, Rapid Spec 402A, HID, 19" wheels (already pulled them off and put TF wheels on). I think the only option I didn't get was the rear view camera, don't like the fact that it's built into the wing.

Jason

wbt

Banned
I would stay away from the MMR CAI. JJ@WMS tested it and lost HP over the stock unit.

I would recommend:

Steeda
JLT
Airaid

They are proven and many vendors have tunes for them. :rockon:

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I've decided to go with JLT for intake, have liked it on my past projects. Now finding one in stock so I can get it by the weekend seems to be the challenge I face.

Users who are viewing this thread