Picked this up last night!

black5.0

Established Member
Nice car! Gotta love dealers putting plates on the front, they did that to mine to. I took it off and since the car is black it's harder to notice the two small holes.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If a front plate is required in Texas, I see no problem with the dealership installing a front plate...unless you specifically asked not to have it installed. The dealership assumed you were a law abiding citizen...

That dealership was very kind to go through the trouble with fixing it for you and giving you floor mats.

Sublime302

teamROVOS
Established Member
Nice car! Gotta love dealers putting plates on the front, they did that to mine to. I took it off and since the car is black it's harder to notice the two small holes.
Thanks! yeah on white it stands out like a sore thumb lol

If a front plate is required in Texas, I see no problem with the dealership installing a front plate...unless you specifically asked not to have it installed. The dealership assumed you were a law abiding citizen...

That dealership was very kind to go through the trouble with fixing it for you and giving you floor mats.

Yeah man.. its required but not HIGHLY enforced. never had one issue on any of my previous vehicles at all.

The salesmen knew not to put the front plate on. he knew what i wanted. It wasnt him, it was the guys who cleaned the car after i test drove it. they are just doing their job i know. but there was a lack of communication for the front plate. apparently he didnt tell them what i wanted.

And yes he was super nice to give me the floor mats. i was going to buy them regardless anyway. so its pretty awesome.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member

It varies from, I was told from a TX DOT state trooper that the front plate on passenger vehicles are'nt required because the liscense plate number is boldly displayed on the registration sticker on the windsheild. However, my friend is a city cop and he says it is required, but not enforced, because of the plate number being on the windshield.

djniknala

Established Member
It varies from, I was told from a TX DOT state trooper that the front plate on passenger vehicles are'nt required because the liscense plate number is boldly displayed on the registration sticker on the windsheild. However, my friend is a city cop and he says it is required, but not enforced, because of the plate number being on the windshield.

The front plate is required by law in TX but as of this year there is no fine for not having it installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sublime302

teamROVOS
Established Member
congrats! Spoiler delete I see. You know whats up!
Hell yeah. no spoiler ftw. Thanks man!

Hmm who knows lol. maybe thats why i havent been messed with?

The front plate is required by law in TX but as of this year there is no fine for not having it installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh okay

Users who are viewing this thread