Picked her up today! WOW!

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Thanks everyone!

Congrats, my last two stangs were black and I swore not another one due to the maintenance. I wouldn't let my kona blue go but its not much better with the dust and water spots, the next one will be grey/silver. I can go a month without washing my dark grey truck and it still looks good. Those recaros look awesome, if I had ordered mine that would have been the only option.

I know black requires good upkeep, but I don't mind. I love black lol. I actually am going to get the entire car ceramic coated. I'm friends with a detailer that specializes in it. He does all high end exotic cars, just crazy cars lol.

He will detail her, remove any blemishes or scratches if he find any, and the do the coating. Once it cures, it's guaranteed for like 5-10 years. You don't need to ever wax it again, just wash. Everything just beeds off of it. It's amazing. Even helps against small rock chips. Can't tell it was done either.

Congrats ! Real nice.....Did you get the Track Pack too?

Nope, no TP. Didn't need it in my opinion.

:beer:

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Thanks everyone!

I know black requires good upkeep, but I don't mind. I love black lol. I actually am going to get the entire car ceramic coated. I'm friends with a detailer that specializes in it. He does all high end exotic cars, just crazy cars lol.

He will detail her, remove any blemishes or scratches if he find any, and the do the coating. Once it cures, it's guaranteed for like 5-10 years. You don't need to ever wax it again, just wash. Everything just beeds off of it. It's amazing. Even helps against small rock chips.

How much is that?

txturbogs

Established Member
how much?

How much is that?

Yes, how much is that ceramic coating thing? I'm gettingn mine tomorrow, YAY!!:banana: I live in the desert and we often have dust storms. Granted, this vehicle will be garaged, but the dust gets into everything!

Man, I had a black 2010 and I loved it. Sexy ass car, but it got dirty quick and any slight scratch and it would show from a mile away. That said, I love your car! Congrats and enjoy it!!

GSStage2

Established Member
Black on black is awesome! Car looks great! I sat in a black on black on Friday with the Recaro's and it almost swayed me from the one I ordered.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
How much is that?

Yes, how much is that ceramic coating thing? I'm gettingn mine tomorrow, YAY!!:banana: I live in the desert and we often have dust storms. Granted, this vehicle will be garaged, but the dust gets into everything!

Man, I had a black 2010 and I loved it. Sexy ass car, but it got dirty quick and any slight scratch and it would show from a mile away. That said, I love your car! Congrats and enjoy it!!

Thanks txt, and as far as the ceramic coating, he said it's normally around $1200 for a new car that doens't need a lot of paint correction or anything I think.

i love it! if you don't mind sharing, how much did it cost you?

I got her for MSRP.

Last edited:

reason4treason

Established Member
IMG_0064.jpg

great shot with the contrast of gloss black, flat black and 'tarnish' wheel. congratulations for sure!

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
How does the 5.8 sound and feel compared to a 5.4, 5.0, or 4.6? Granted, the car comes with a pretty aggressive exhaust from the factory which makes it difficult to make a side by side comparison, but say a 2012 and a 2013 gt500 were fitted with the same exhaust, do you think it would sound any different at idle, cruising speed, full throttle? Just curious.

specizripn

Established Member
Thanks everyone!

He will detail her, remove any blemishes or scratches if he find any, and the do the coating. Once it cures, it's guaranteed for like 5-10 years. You don't need to ever wax it again, just wash. Everything just beeds off of it. It's amazing. Even helps against small rock chips. Can't tell it was done either.

Nope, no TP. Didn't need it in my opinion.

:beer:

Is there some special name for this ceramic coating? I have never heard of this, and I tried to do some research but I couldn't find anything on google. Thanks!

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
great shot with the contrast of gloss black, flat black and 'tarnish' wheel. congratulations for sure!

Thanks. It's one of my favorite shots.

Is there some special name for this ceramic coating? I have never heard of this, and I tried to do some research but I couldn't find anything on google. Thanks!

You can check out this link, but I am able to get results in Google.

AutoProtect Williams Ceramic Coat - AutoProtect Williams Ceramic Coat

This might be a dumb question, but, why did you not want them to detail it or touch the plastics?

Because a dealer usually doesn't care how they wash the car, and that usually results in scratches and swirls as soon as you take delivery. If you check out some of the other "delivered" threads on here, a lot of guys ask the dealer not to touch the car.

Really happy for you. Enjoy.
GT500 delivery day - fulfillment of a dream.

I agree, thank you!

jay38372

Established Member
Are there other places in the US that do this ceramic coating? I'd be interested in hearing more about it. Jay

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Are there other places in the US that do this ceramic coating? I'd be interested in hearing more about it. Jay

I assume any high end reputable detailing shop would.

The link I posted is just for reference, that's not where I'm getting mine done.

Users who are viewing this thread