Photobucket Update

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
PB evidently fired the company president responsible for the $400 join or else debacle. They have re enabled photos for an unknown amount of time. They are supposedly coming up with a much more realistic pricing scheme and eliminating the ads that made trying to do anything on their site impossible.

If you want pics from a tech site that went down, I wouldn't waste much time. Be interesting to see how many people come back to PB.

mnewxcv

Established Member
If they had monthly pricing with unlimited uploads and unlimited file size, I'd consider it if it were cheap and if paying got rid of all ads on their site. That being said, what they did was shitty and I will never use them again. They broke a good part of the internet that day.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If they had monthly pricing with unlimited uploads and unlimited file size, I'd consider it if it were cheap and if paying got rid of all ads on their site. That being said, what they did was shitty and I will never use them again. They broke a good part of the internet that day.

I think they expect to only get back 30% of their large file holders back, if that much.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A lot of their former users won't go back. The screwing they got won't be easily forgotten. That, and it's likely that a good majority of those former users have found good alternatives. It's not like PB was/is the only game in time. Personally, I've never used PB, and I'd never use PB in the future.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I left PB years ago when they remodeled the entire website and my uploaded photos started going in the middle of my 18 page library. Been happy with smugmug, much cleaner layout and it doesn't compress my photo quality.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah,....I'm all set. I've got Flikr and it's free. See ya PB.

KEVINS

Established Member
If they charge a fee just get your own website then you don't need to worry, it's pretty cheap anyway.

ks

Users who are viewing this thread