photo experts: critique my photos

Punisher302

Established Member
had the opp to take a few shots of a buddy's 05 gt and spiced them up a bit. i'd appreciate some constructive criticism as i'd like to improve, thanks.

btw, camera's a Rebel xti, and i used photoshop cs2.

IMG_2314EDITED.gif

IMG_2301EDITED.gif

IMG_2284EDITED.gif

Nazman

Established Member
I know nothing when it comes to photography (SP?) but I tell you that they look SICK! (Im not much of a fan of the latest Mustangs)

Specially the last 2 photos are really sick!

Contrasts! Great Job!

Naz

WhiteStallionGT

Nice pics Paul!

I'm kinda new to photography also, I have an XT and when I try to spruce up the pics on photshop they turn out pretty bad, lol. I dunno, I just mess with the color balance, always does the trick.

Punisher302

Established Member
thanks, gents.

Christian: thanks, man. one of the first instances that got me interested in a Rebel dslr was the two comparison pics you posted of your dining room table, heh.

WhiteStallionGT

haha sweet! You'll love photography man, it's a real fun hobby. Also when your relatives see the pics you've taken, they'll hire you for events and you can make some extra cash. These cameras have a limited life, don't feel like a jerk when you charge people for pictures, haha.

Punisher302

Established Member
hehe, yeah, photography is awesome--i got into it after looking at my good buddy Nino's work (he posts on here under NinoAvila). i took black & white photography this semester to get the jist of what it's about--didn't really learn much about actually taking the pics, but more of how to develop the film, print them, and what not. we didn't really talk much about composition and that sort of stuff, which is what i was really after. i wanted to take the digital course as another elective, but i graduate this summer, so i ain't giving them any more of my money! hehe.

but yeah, getting good enough to make a little money on the side is a bonus. i'm really just tired of taking crappy pics and am definately interested in upping my photoshop skills, so any tips are welcome, gentlemen!

Last edited:

Scott_98us@yaho

I went to get an XTI the other day and came home with a 30D and the EF 28-135 IS lens. I love it so far and when I use auto enhance and try to spruce them up they look the same. I am wanting to try taking the pics in the raw format and enhancing.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
by no means am i any good at photography but it looks like the first pic is a bit blurry, but the last two look great. good job.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
love the pics but in the second pic I would of use a slightly differnt angle to get the grass and stuff out of the background. but other than that very nice pics

Users who are viewing this thread