Personal defense stories: who has one?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I am interested in who has drawn a weapon in defense of life or property. I'll start:

Summer of 2020 in Minneapolis. Shit was crazy. Cops were gone, as were most normies. The only people downtown were weirdos and criminals. I was leaving my office and as I came up to my parking gate a guy with no shirt darted out of the alley and ran toward my car. His body language and aggressiveness led me to believe I was about to get carjacked. I pulled a weapon and prepared to shoot him through the door. Thankfully the parking gate went up just as he made it to my door and I peeled off.

Nothing too dramatic, but I was prepared to engage and seconds away from shooting. Thankfully I didn't.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I've got a couple from when I worked at a prior shop as it was on a busy street in the middle of the ghetto, but this one was the closest I've been to pulling the trigger.

Tech and I were standing out front of the shop when this cholo looking guy was walking across the street with a bandana over his face, his hoodie up, and his right hand in his hoodie pocket so he looked like he had just robbed someone or was going to. I said "check this guy out" to my tech and right after I said that the guy B-lines it across the busy street and starts walking right into our parking lot.

Wasn't walking towards me or acknowledging me but our parking lot has no outlet so he would come in contact with other employees and I knew that would be bad. I draw and start moving towards him to flank him and he is unaware of me. I can clearly see he is at least posing like he has a gun in his pocket he is holding. I'm about 30ft from him on his left and he's just walking further in. Found out later my friend was come towards the guy so they were walking towards each other and he admitted he was trying to figure out what he was gonna do because he left his pistol in the office.

I was aimed right on the guy to drop him and I was just waiting for him to show his hands and knew it was going to be at any second so I was preparing myself. But this guy ends up doing a military-like right face and walks out of the parking lot and back down the sidewalk. Watched him for a few minutes and about 50 yards down the street I could see him in the middle of the street doing a Slavic squat. Saw him walk by again about 4hrs later without the bandana over his face and looking completely normal. He walked right in front of our shop like it was nothing.

_Snake_

Established Member
I had two guys follow me off the interstate, down a state road for a few miles, and into a car wash parking lot back in late 2020. I thought they were following me once I got off the interstate and confirmed it once I turned into the car wash and made an immediate U-turn to exit. They ended up at gun point while I called 911. I've never seen so many unmarked police cars in my life. These ass clowns told the cops they were on the way to the beach and felt I cut them off on the interstate so they were going to jump me when they had the chance. Cops told them they were lucky they didn't leave the scene in bags.

MFE

Established Member
I didn't need to draw it, but the situation was, I had just moved to Arizona in 2010, and I was carrying concealed, because I ****ing could. My wife and I were out for a stroll near the condo we were short-terming in, nice area, Lakewood in the Ahwatukee area of Phoenix.

We're minding our business when this chick comes running across the street toward us saying "he's going to kill me, help me", and I look at where she came from, and there's this shirtless, musclehead bro climbing over the wall of the apartment complex, and he's mad as hell. I thought, OK, it's three of us vs one of him, but it's going to hurt no matter what.

I lifted up my shirt so he could see the butt of the gun I was carrying, and that was that. I didn't say a damn thing, I didn't draw it, but it ended the situation. He stayed jacked up and macho but he didn't come any closer.

That is a "defensive use of a handgun" but not a shot was fired. I carry pretty much every day and never had to use it again so far.

Saleen498

Established Member
I didn't need to draw it, but the situation was, I had just moved to Arizona in 2010, and I was carrying concealed, because I ****ing could. My wife and I were out for a stroll near the condo we were short-terming in, nice area, Lakewood in the Ahwatukee area of Phoenix.

We're minding our business when this chick comes running across the street toward us saying "he's going to kill me, help me", and I look at where she came from, and there's this shirtless, musclehead bro climbing over the wall of the apartment complex, and he's mad as hell. I thought, OK, it's three of us vs one of him, but it's going to hurt no matter what.

I lifted up my shirt so he could see the butt of the gun I was carrying, and that was that. I didn't say a damn thing, I didn't draw it, but it ended the situation. He stayed jacked up and macho but he didn't come any closer.

That is a "defensive use of a handgun" but not a shot was fired. I carry pretty much every day and never had to use it again so far.
That's all I ever had to do ever.
Queensbury St boston by fenway, delivering amazing packages when some crackhead came up to me, said something like "how you like that cracker" and pulled a blade. I just raised my shirt a bit, he backed off and I went on with my day

Saleen498

Established Member
One time I was verbally assaulted by a pineapple. Something about swinging in the village's.
1000000096.jpg

Blown 89

Established Member
My mother shot a car jacker when I was an infant in the back seat of her convertible. Apparently some dude jumped in the passenger seat and tried to jack the car with baby me in the back. Who knows if I'd be around today if she didn't carry a gun. I don't know the specifics other than that little bit of information. My mom was a bad ass and made my father and siblings get our CCW's. She's why I started competing and carrying.

I've needed a firearm twice in my life but hadn't started carrying then. The first was in college when I got the shit beat out of me by a bunch of illegals that rear ended me in a "borrowed" car at a light. My parent's neighbor was a retiree mob boss from Chicago at the time and he retroactively took care of the situation for me. I can't post that publicly but holy **** I have some stories growing up next to that guy.

The second time was a road rager that was actively blocking me from merging into his lane. I had to exit because I was running out of gas and it was the last station for a good while and he was slowing, stopping, and actively matching my speed to keep me from coming into his lane so I gunned it merged 50 yards in front of him. As I was sitting in the left turn lane for the gas station he pulled up next to me, pointed his gun at me out of his window and said "Bang! Bang! You're dead" and sped off. I was ****ed because I ran out of gas right when he pulled up and had nowhere to run ( I had to push it into the gas station). To this day I have no idea what his problem was. My guess is he was one of the millions of Karens that had beef with loud pony cars.

I've been VERY close to drawing and shooting a few times but the other person had a change of heart before I was forced to make that decision. It happens often enough that I want out of this shithole before it actually does.

_Snake_

Established Member
don’t take it lightly, train and then train some more and not just punching paper at the range. Train on shooting and moving in close quarters. The threat won’t necessarily be standing still. Be very comfortable with whatever you are carrying like its an extension of your body.

tombstone GIF

Take this advice seriously. I’m a former Marine and combat veteran. I thought I’d be mentally and physically ready for the situation I found myself in. Although the police responded with lights and sirens, it felt like an eternity and I was damn near shaking by the time the first one showed up.

That was the the first time in almost 30 years of carrying that I’ve ever cleared the holster and I hope it never happens again.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Take this advice seriously. I’m a former Marine and combat veteran. I thought I’d be mentally and physically ready for the situation I found myself in. Although the police responded with lights and sirens, it felt like an eternity and I was damn near shaking by the time the first one showed up.

That was the the first time in almost 30 years of carrying that I’ve ever cleared the holster and I hope it never happens again.

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
I had a car pull in the yard, we live in the country. Was late and I was putting kids to bed. They drove all the way to the back by the shop slowly then turned around and went to the end of the driveway.

I grabbed the pistol and the Crocs and approached from the driver side, tapped on the window. I tapped the window and they rolled it down. 2 people in the car claiming to be looking for Burger King. They were definitely not local. I told them that's fine, but you're not going to find it here.

They never saw the pistol but I think they sensed the urgency.

Users who are viewing this thread