Performance springs

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
Looking to upgrade the springs. Not looking for lowering in the weeds. Looking for a good ride and better handling. What is everyone's opinion for springs?

1. FRPP
2. Eibach
3. Vogtland
4. Steeda
5. Hurst
6. Roush

Fang

Established Member
I am running the FRPP on mine. I had coilovers on my 03 and liked them better. Where in Colorado are you? I may have some to sell soon if I end up getting my coilovers.

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
I am running the FRPP on mine. I had coilovers on my 03 and liked them better. Where in Colorado are you? I may have some to sell soon if I end up getting my coilovers.

What kind of coil overs? Are they from your 03? So I wouldn't think those would work on GT500?

Fang

Established Member
No they were on my 03. Its gone. Was looking at getting some specific for the Shelby. So I would sell the FRPP springs.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I have the Eibach Pro Kit. Don't spend your money on those unless you get the dampers, too. And unless you're planning to do even more suspension work (and lightweight-ing) like I did, I personally don't recommend them because they are just "meh" on their own on a full weight GT500. They're only engineered for the GT at best; definitely not for the weight of the GT500.

BMR Tech

We spent A LOT of time designing the GT500 Specific springs.

For a 2011 with OEM Dampers, I highly suggest you looking into:

SP071 Front Springs (220lb/in rate)
SP067 Rear Springs (200lb/in rate)

This is, in my opinion, the best set up on the aluminum block GT500 cars that have stock dampers.

Ignore the advertised 1.5" drop - your car would drop approximately 1"....giving you a nice look, with a great ride and improved feel/confidence.

Attachments

• SP072 Installed.jpg
    SP072 Installed.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 112

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
We spent A LOT of time designing the GT500 Specific springs.

For a 2011 with OEM Dampers, I highly suggest you looking into:

SP071 Front Springs (220lb/in rate)
SP067 Rear Springs (200lb/in rate)

This is, in my opinion, the best set up on the aluminum block GT500 cars that have stock dampers.

Ignore the advertised 1.5" drop - your car would drop approximately 1"....giving you a nice look, with a great ride and improved feel/confidence.

The 1.5 drop actually took BMR off the list but if it is more like 1" that would be better. Thanks for the info. So BMR is relatively new to spring development correct? Just curious on your R & D

kodiakmustang

Established Member
I too put H&R Sport on my 2010 with the iron block, and I got a measured 1" drop at all corners. I didn't stay with stock dampers though. Put Koni str's on.

kodiakmustang

Established Member
Thanks for the replies keep them coming. Van said FRPP or Eibach

Van's a smart man with sage advise. A lot of happy owners have used FRPP and Eibach. I didn't go that route because I didn't want to lower my car quite that much for a couple reasons.

I doubt you'll get many more new comments than you've already gotten. Time to bite the bullet! :)

Users who are viewing this thread