Performance shops in MA

TheCat033

"The Green Monster"
Established Member
Then why are there five short blocks of DEZ' being built at CE right now??????????

I am sure you would too if you had a 15 year relationship with a company. Hell Bob was the first in the 7's with a centrifugal back in 1996 at Lebanon valley, with it starting to snow out. Dez is a good guy, but to try and put down MONDO Bob is ridiculous.

well said Matt!

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Then why are there five short blocks of DEZ' being built at CE right now??????????

I am sure you would too if you had a 15 year relationship with a company. Hell Bob was the first in the 7's with a centrifugal back in 1996 at Lebanon valley, with it starting to snow out. Dez is a good guy, but to try and put down MONDO Bob is ridiculous.

He showed me that video last time I was there. I didn't think it was actually snowing when he did it. I have never heard anyone complain about his work on anything. He prides himself on being a one man shop so he doesn't have to worry about things being done right.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
he may not build Dez's engines, but he does build engines for Dez

i have talked to dez about 20 different times about short blocks and never once has ce racing been brought up about building his motors. everything he has told me is that all his motors are built in house and any machine work is done locally, also i have seen shortblocks being put together when i am at the shop. im going off what dez and brian have told me. say what you want its good that all of you have had good experiences with ce. just the people i know and trust have not. if you like his work by all means stick with ce. like steve said earlier its all in who you feel comfortable with and who you trust.

VNEMUS

Established Member
I'm not exactly sure what type of mods the original Poster was referring to doing soon, because it wasn't specified, but for chassis & suspension, alignment and tire work, I highly recommend Scott Rosnick & Jamie Kekeisen, owners of FasTrack in Peabody, MA. Many of the area Auto X'ers, Time Trials and Open Track guys go to him.
http://www.fastrackservice.com/

Last edited:

TheCat033

"The Green Monster"
Established Member
I'm not exactly sure what type of mods the original Poster was referring to doing soon, because it wasn't specified, but for chassis & suspension, alignment and tire work, I highly recommend Scott Rosnick & Jamie Kekeisen, owners of FasTrack in Peabody, MA. Many of the area Auto X'ers, Time Trials and Open Track guys go to him.
http://www.fastrackservice.com/

So Craig is this who you recommned to do all that suspension work we had talked about?

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
He showed me that video last time I was there. I didn't think it was actually snowing when he did it. I have never heard anyone complain about his work on anything. He prides himself on being a one man shop so he doesn't have to worry about things being done right.

It was snowing, the lens was getting snow flakes on it. The back up run was the one where it was comming down enough to really effect ET. But he still backed it up.
Dynotune04, I guess it's hard to believe but Dez was there last time I was. He was picking up two built long blocks one a 331 and the other a mod motor punched out to a 5.0. If you still choose to disbelieve then look at the Red Lightning that Dez built. It graced the cover of trucking mag. Iam sure he has a copy at the shop. It states that why not have your short block done by legendary NMRA/NMCA drag racer Mondo Bob Pucel.
Bob has a few blemishes on his track record of course who doesn't. But the few 5.0's I have heard of breaking were all tuned by Mike Freedmen. Ask Dez how he feels about Mike he'll tell you some funny shit.

Hey Skeetro, where is Dyno Performance? J/K

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
im not gonna start calling people liars. i know what i know and you know what you know. we both agree to disagree

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
It was snowing, the lens was getting snow flakes on it. The back up run was the one where it was comming down enough to really effect ET. But he still backed it up.
Dynotune04, I guess it's hard to believe but Dez was there last time I was. He was picking up two built long blocks one a 331 and the other a mod motor punched out to a 5.0. If you still choose to disbelieve then look at the Red Lightning that Dez built. It graced the cover of trucking mag. Iam sure he has a copy at the shop. It states that why not have your short block done by legendary NMRA/NMCA drag racer Mondo Bob Pucel.
Bob has a few blemishes on his track record of course who doesn't. But the few 5.0's I have heard of breaking were all tuned by Mike Freedmen. Ask Dez how he feels about Mike he'll tell you some funny shit.

Hey Skeetro, where is Dyno Performance? J/K
+

I have heard some of what Dez thinks of Freedman. I like Mike, always have. I just think on mod motors performance dyno has kind of taken over.

snakebitten13

Established Member
im not gonna start calling people liars. i know what i know and you know what you know. we both agree to disagree

When Dez says he has the machine work done at a local shop its CE racing, i have never once heard or seen Dez build a short block, he assembles short blocks into long blocks, also i dont think Dez has the time to be building short blocks.

On a side note MIKE FREEDMAN is a fraud, hes screwed soooo many people out of money, blown up numerous cars, and flat out is horrible at tuning. He tuned my car at one point, and then wouldnt answer my phone calls when i needed it touched up, the guy is a joke and i wouldnt let him tune my lawn mower.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
When Dez says he has the machine work done at a local shop its CE racing, i have never once heard or seen Dez build a short block, he assembles short blocks into long blocks, also i dont think Dez has the time to be building short blocks.

On a side note MIKE FREEDMAN is a fraud, hes screwed soooo many people out of money, blown up numerous cars, and flat out is horrible at tuning. He tuned my car at one point, and then wouldnt answer my phone calls when i needed it touched up, the guy is a joke and i wouldnt let him tune my lawn mower.

I agree about Mike Freedmen. I just didn't want to be the first to say it.....

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member

Heard the exact same things about Dez and his tuning so what is your point? He has done a tune for me in the past, my buddy's nitrous car and another mod motor blown cobra all with excellent results. Here you are bashing a guy and not telling the whole story. What needed to be touched up? Why wasn't it done in the first place? Was his input ever asked for on any of the buildup or did you just slap some parts on it and take it to him?

If you are gonna rip on someone like you are at least present the whole story first.

snakebitten13

Established Member
Heard the exact same things about Dez and his tuning so what is your point? He has done a tune for me in the past, my buddy's nitrous car and another mod motor blown cobra all with excellent results. Here you are bashing a guy and not telling the whole story. What needed to be touched up? Why wasn't it done in the first place? Was his input ever asked for on any of the buildup or did you just slap some parts on it and take it to him?

If you are gonna rip on someone like you are at least present the whole story first.

Heres the story. He originaly tuned my car charged me $500 and $200 for dyno time, very high if you ask me, anyways the car ran like crap, so he tried to fix it on the dyno and supposdly got it right, after bitching the whole time like a little girl, so i drive it like that for a few mounths then decide to change things, so i add long tubes, duel cobra pumps, and drop the pulley to a 3.50, i call him about 9 times and leave messages every time, no calls back, finally thanks to a memeber i get him on aim, he responds wants me to go to NE dyno, so i drive up there took about 2 hrs, i get there and he still has all kinds of problems with it, finally he blames it on the throtle body and adjusts it after John Mihovitz from acfuab tells him not to as do the directions the air gap is set from the factory. So then he dosent like the pulley and dosent want to make a tune for it so he has me put the 4 inch back on and then tunes it, it runs like crap and the too boot the car was spining the tires on dyno because it wasent properly straped down, so i pay him another $300 and $100 for dyno time( He spends about 45 min max) and go on my way. Few mounths later its still running bad so i call him 19 times i have all the dates, leave him numerous messages again no call back. So at the time Chirs at MPE gets sniper tuning so i go over there put the car back on the dyno slap the 3.50 on and we go about tuning it, runs mint no problems what so ever a/f is perfect car runs like a champ and makes 430 rwhp to Freenmans 383 rwhp ( power didnt matter to me at the time driveability did) . Theres your story and i know of about 20+ OTHER POEPLE WHO HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH HIM.

Last edited by a moderator:

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
My car is an example. I wil say he did his best though but I wont pass emissions. I have everything and its legal but it wont pass unless he does something which I think is stupid. I have to drive to his shop from worcester to have him unlock my tuner and click a few bottons so it pass inspection. Kinda a waste to me.

I will give him credit because he spent 30+ hours on my car when it was first introduced to SCT softwhere back in 05 when nothing was out yet. Of course technology has changed but so has tuning options. Now it takes 20minutes. I perfer Outlaw Dyno though. Support the local guys!!!!

snakebitten13

Established Member
My car is an example. I wil say he did his best though but I wont pass emissions. I have everything and its legal but it wont pass unless he does something which I think is stupid. I have to drive to his shop from worcester to have him unlock my tuner and click a few bottons so it pass inspection. Kinda a waste to me.

I will give him credit because he spent 30+ hours on my car when it was first introduced to SCT softwhere back in 05 when nothing was out yet. Of course technology has changed but so has tuning options. Now it takes 20minutes. I perfer Outlaw Dyno though. Support the local guys!!!!

Its funny how some guys lock there tunes, Freedman didnt, so i sent his tune to a few reputable shops to look at, they all laughed ill post up some of the e-mails i was sent back saying not to let him retune my car.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
Im sure many other people have, im gald its publicy known, if hes got any sack hell chime in and sling some bullshit, mabey even give me some money back.:pepper:

His famous last words before your car blows up.....One RWHP hot means 10 RWHP cold. He is a tool and I have known this for a while.
And to make the Blackout guys happy....
OUTLAW DYNO
OUTLAW DYNO
OUTLAW DYNO
OUTLAW DYNO
OUTLAW DYNO

Users who are viewing this thread