Performance shops in MA

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Wherever you go remember that for eveyone one that praises a shop, there are a handful that had a bad experience. MPE, Dez, Laferriere to name a few that have good and bad reviews. You never hear anything bad about CE Racing which is why I go to him.

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
notchstang92 said:
Wherever you go remember that for eveyone one that praises a shop, there are a handful that had a bad experience. MPE, Dez, Laferriere to name a few that have good and bad reviews. You never hear anything bad about CE Racing which is why I go to him.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
i have heard to many bad tings about ce so i stay away. but +1 every shop has people with good and bad experiences

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
whatever you do, do not go to Laferriere unless are willing to give your car up for a year. That shop has not done well in terms of keeping thier promises

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
FromGTtoSVT said:
whatever you do, do not go to Laferriere unless are willing to give your car up for a year. That shop has not done well in terms of keeping thier promises

Hahahahahaaa!!!!!!!! I personally think Laferriere is nothing but a stroker. Wasted my time on a couple occasions and my buddy's time as well on another instance. If you like downtime, no call backs, no one answering the phone when you call then by all means go there.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
Not impressed with Dez's tuning. Mine was tuned by him and its all weird. I gotta have it re-tuned now.

its not the tune its the driver:D
just kidding. it was also built by ce maybe you should look into that :lol1:
again just kidding.

i dunno dez tunes manny's outlaw car and he seems to do alright :banana:

snakebitten13

Established Member
Job Spetter tunes Manny's out law car. At most they use Dez's dyno.

Job does not tune Mannys car, Manny is a good friend of mine and frequently hangs out at MPE with us, Dez is currently tuning Mannys car, and yes he was tuning it at Tasca day. Job and Manny had a falling out, job was tuning 2 many of Mannys competors cars, you cant win when everyone's getting the same tune up, that class is too close as it is.

snakebitten13

Established Member
Not impressed with Dez's tuning. Mine was tuned by him and its all weird. I gotta have it re-tuned now.

Dez is a friend on mine and at one time tuned my car and i had issue's, i belive it was because he uses a chip, with my experence with Saleen computers i belive its best to flash them. I would go back to him if we didnt tune cars here at MPE, the ride is also a downside.

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
he used the XCal2
Bob told me to bring it back to Dez (Bob builds alot of Dez's motors) to tune but he also said it took him 30+hrs to tune the car...

When it all comes down to it, its who you know and trust. All the shops are great except ESP in sterling. They just want your money.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
he used the XCal2
Bob told me to bring it back to Dez (Bob builds motors and sends them to dez for tunning) to tune but he also said it took him 30+hrs to tune the car...

When it all comes down to it, its who you know and trust. All the shops are great except ESP in sterling. They just want your money.

fixed it for ya. bob likes to use vortech's and dez likes to use prochargers.

Last edited:

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
true indeed. the reason behind the statement was bob does not build dez's motors

Last edited:

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
true indeed. the reason behind the statement was bob does not build dez's motors

Then why are there five short blocks of DEZ' being built at CE right now??????????

fixed it for ya. bob likes to use vortech's and dez likes to use prochargers.
I am sure you would too if you had a 15 year relationship with a company. Hell Bob was the first in the 7's with a centrifugal back in 1996 at Lebanon valley, with it starting to snow out. Dez is a good guy, but to try and put down MONDO Bob is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread