performance difference

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Sorry if it has been asked before. But can anyone shed light on what the performance difference might be between the Boss 302 and Laguna Seca?

I'm having a hard time finding the LS but have a local dealer ready to order the Boss 302.
It will be my DD.

Perry

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
No hp or tq difference, just the suspension is different/better on the LS.

Exhaust is the same, brakes the same, etc..

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Lap times should be faster in the LS and part of that will come from the R compound tires.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
one more day of looking then I will likely place my order. :rolling: I really wanted a LS though :coolman: guess I just saved a few grand

cloud9

Established Member
one more day of looking then I will likely place my order. :rolling: I really wanted a LS though :coolman: guess I just saved a few grand
Same here. I was hoping to order a Laguna Seca, but finally gave up. I wanted an early build so I could use it this track season. My dealer had a first quarter build Boss 302 so I took it. I am using the extra $$ to buy mods. I already have a Watts Link for it in the garage sans the Boss :D

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
on a given track the LS is going to be 3 seconds a lap or so faster than a base boss model.

The Difference:
The backseat delete/ X brace stiffens the chassis a good bit and lightens the car.
The suspension is both upgraded and tuned to the different chassis settings of the LS to maximize performance. The LS carries adjustable dampers and different front and rear spring rates.
The LS aero front and rear will create more downforce and grip.

Its completely worth the extra cash

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
on a given track the LS is going to be 3 seconds a lap or so faster than a base boss model.

The Difference:
The backseat delete/ X brace stiffens the chassis a good bit and lightens the car.
The suspension is both upgraded and tuned to the different chassis settings of the LS to maximize performance. The LS carries adjustable dampers and different front and rear spring rates.
The LS aero front and rear will create more downforce and grip.

Its completely worth the extra cash

dang, back to the search :rockon: I feel like not going to work and just start calling all the dealers I already haven't

sprint200

Established Member
In addition, although the brake hardware is the same, the programming of the brake module on the LS is optimized for track use.

I'm still very curious to get real world info on the two cars' weights. Ford's Boss "Mini website" links to pages discussing aspects of both versions; with the LS page making specific mention of extra weight savings. However, the spec pages actually list the LS as being 5 lbs heavier.:shrug:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
there are tons of grabber blue mustang gt and gt500s out there right now. i'd steer clear of that color.

for me i'd be looking at the silver LS because it appears that there will be a 2013 Boss 302 where the LS colors are black and white. the silver is a one year color. that means rare.

I want a kona blue base model because the white roof panel and stripes work best there. I also believe the kona blue will be a one year color option.

ORANGE CRUSH

Bayou City Terminator
Established Member
So the full list of preformance add ons over the regular BOSS would be:

Spliter
Break ducs
Rear Springs
Rear wing
Rear seat delet w/X brace
Gauge pod
R compound tires
1mm larger rear stabilizer bar

Anything eles?

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
So the full list of preformance add ons over the regular BOSS would be:

Spliter
Break ducs
Springs
Rear wing
Rear seat delet w/X brace
Gauge pod
R compound tires

Anything eles?
The LS has a larger (1mm?) rear stabilizer bar and only the rear springs are stiffer. It's all in the 2012 MY order guide. Also different wheels with the rear's being 1/2" wider. The recaro's and torsen diff are standard on the Boss.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
the dampers are different as well. multi adjustable. major component in the upgraded set up.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
the dampers are different as well. multi adjustable. major component in the upgraded set up.
Both cars have adjustable shocks. Supposedly the LS has different calibrations but I don't think Ford has released anything official on that. The order guideline mentions the stabilizer bar and springs but nothing about shocks.

"Unique rear springs and stabilizer bar"

sprint200

Established Member
Both cars have adjustable shocks. Supposedly the LS has different calibrations but I don't think Ford has released anything official on that. The order guideline mentions the stabilizer bar and springs but nothing about shocks.

"Unique rear springs and stabilizer bar"

From HERE:

"And drivers can dial in exactly the level of shock stiffness a particular track requires using the four standard, independently adjustable dampers with Laguna Seca-specific valving."

Also see the second sheet of THIS RELEASE that calls out "Unique tuning" of the LS shocks..................

There are more differences between the two cars than some people are wanting to accept........:read:

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
From HERE:

"And drivers can dial in exactly the level of shock stiffness a particular track requires using the four standard, independently adjustable dampers with Laguna Seca-specific valving."

Also see the second sheet of THIS RELEASE that calls out "Unique tuning" of the LS shocks..................

There are more differences between the two cars than some people are wanting to accept........:read:
I'm accepting as much differences as possible :)

----------------
Now playing: Alan Jackson - That's Where I Belong
via FoxyTunes

5 DOT 0

Established Member
From HERE:

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread