Performance Automatic in PA, NJ, DE.

falcon50

Established Member
I'm looking for a 4R70W that can handle 600rwhp in a 3,700 lb. Mustang local to Eastern PA, NJ or DE.
Here's the difficult part, the car is a daily driver so I want full PCM control, no manual valve body or switches for O/D or Lock Up.
Lentech has just what I need but I'm concerned that, if I have a problem, it will be a logistical issue to get it fixed. I don't have the ability to pull the trans and send it to them.
Thanks for any tips.

GTpower01

Established Member
I had a Lentech aod or aode i think rated to 2000 hp... It was a strip terminator transmission and with a 2v 550rwhp gt I blew it.... Was on the highway and wasn't even really beating on it... Wouldn't recommend lentech.... I had an art carr c4 trans too with reverse manual valve body, 3 speed, 3600 stall, and JandW bellhousing.... Ran Like a charm... Go c4, but ur streetability is limited.... Usually I cant cruise more than 55mph and I'm at 3300 rpms at 55pmh with a 3.73... Good Luck!!! Have a cobra with t-56 now!!! Happy for the street! The aod and Aode break easy and cant support much power for long like a c4 can!! May last 2 or 3 years then rebuid!

Also you will need a trans cooler, as these transmissions always heat up when used on the street.... Good for drag and passes though with breaks in between!!!

Good Luck with ur decision. Art Carr went out of business awhile ago!! Pa Performance possible is still around though No Lentech imo!

TRBO VNM

I wouldn't recommend PA. Ask hurtem how many times he has had to go back and how much money he has had to drop.

falcon50

Established Member
That's good info about the Lentech. Sounds more and more like I need a local shop because I am going to have issues. A c4 won't really work, this is a daily driver. Someone suggested Precision Transmission in Pennsauken, NJ about 25 minutes away.

Users who are viewing this thread