Performance Automatic 6R80E Option Coming

SirShaun

Established Member
Last October, I twisted the stock rear pretty bad. First time at the track on a sticky tire and my tubes weren't welded. I've since replaced the rear end with a built 13-14 take off consisting of a tru trac and moser axles. I also had another problem occurring with the car popping out of first gear on the launch. Hoping it was a stock clutch or rear end twisting each time problem.

I've come to the conclusion that if I still experience the car coming out of first gear on launch after swapping rears and upgrading the clutch, I am seriously going to take a look at going auto. I don't want to deal with having the 6060 rebuilt.

I started my research last night and stumbled across an article.
http://www.hotrod.com/events/1511-s...rness-and-premium-auto-transmissions-from-pa/

I then found some more information in some forums. Apparently its already listed on the Summit Racing website.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pma-pass68100

I then took it a step further to email the company directly for an idea on release date and idea of cost. All I got was a release date but it is better than nothing.

"Looks like end of March.

Bill
PA"

Is the 6R80E the ideal transmission swap for a GT500? Being it's a 6 speed will street ability be affected? Will it lose any power? Is this a foot brake + stall option or a full out transbrake? I have a lot to learn in regards to automatics/stalls/transbrakes. Feel free to share your thoughts or share some knowledge.

TVS VERT

Established Member
I've already swapped in a 6r80 in my Shelby, PA has been saying they are 4-6 weeks away from a controller for 2 years now , don't hold your breath on seeing the controller this season , but I'm hoping you guys planning on go the standalone route it comes out sooner rather than later.

Black Sex

Established Member
I've already swapped in a 6r80 in my Shelby, PA has been saying they are 4-6 weeks away from a controller for 2 years now , don't hold your breath on seeing the controller this season , but I'm hoping you guys planning on go the standalone route it comes out sooner rather than later.

Sorry about my ignorance on this subject but what are you using to control your 6r80? Was it a PITA to get everything tuned and working properly?

rdsnk46

Established Member
My best advice to you would be to contact Power By The Hour in Boynton Beach Fl. They have the pre made harnesses and all the info required for the swap. I have a 6R80 in my Aluminator/Paxton/E85/Fox......Lots of fun, I had a long time friend/builder Steve Lee @ Thunder Autosports do my swap . He made the custom harness and to date there are a few other 6R's running in other vehicles besides the S197's they were designed for..

Users who are viewing this thread