Peoria / Quad Cities area

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
Sup guys, I am from South Carolina, but am working up here with MidAmerican Energy Company. I have had a few cobras (99,03 coupe, 03 vert). I went out to cordova friday and saw a black 03/04 with a KB and some slicks. Just wanted to know where the people hang out on the weekends and what goes on around here. I'm staying in Davenport right off of 74 at the Farifield Marriott.

ez112

Established Member
I just started school down there and I live way up here, but I don't mind going down there for a meet or something.

oops. Peoria that is.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Anyone going to have their rides at the Uftring All-Ford show next month? Its a GREAT show and there are plenty of locals that have some nice

It would be a great place to meet up and talk Ford! I won't be showing my Cobra because its looking pretty ragged nowadays, but I'll be there. Anyone else? After the show last year I got to see a Twin Turbo Pantera square off with a Blown 4.6 32V Pantera on route 116. It was quite the scene!

***details below**********

September 16, 2007 East Peoria, IL - 8th Annual Mustang and All Ford Show at the Uftring Auto Mall, 500 Fairlane Dr, Rt 116 & Rt 24.

Event 8:00 am - 3:00 pm, rain or shine, 32 classes, plaques to first 3 places, fun, food & prizes, Dash Plaques to the first 200 cars!

Last edited:

BlueVenom01

Established Member
monkeyspunk79 said:
Anyone going to have their rides at the Uftring All-Ford show next month? Its a GREAT show and there are plenty of locals that have some nice

It would be a great place to meet up and talk Ford! I won't be showing my Cobra because its looking pretty ragged nowadays, but I'll be there. Anyone else? After the show last year I got to see a Twin Turbo Pantera square off with a Blown 4.6 32V Pantera on route 116. It was quite the scene!

***details below**********

September 16, 2007 East Peoria, IL - 8th Annual Mustang and All Ford Show at the Uftring Auto Mall, 500 Fairlane Dr, Rt 116 & Rt 24.

Event 8:00 am - 3:00 pm, rain or shine, 32 classes, plaques to first 3 places, fun, food & prizes, Dash Plaques to the first 200 cars!

Hey monkeyspunk - I'm going to try to make it to the show - but I'm not sure yet...I'm not going to show mine either, but I at least want to make an appearence :thumbsup:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I'd go if it weren't at Uftrings. I personally hope the place burns to the ground someday. I wouldn't even piss on the ashes.

Piece of shit dealer...

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Tabres said:
I'd go if it weren't at Uftrings. I personally hope the place burns to the ground someday. I wouldn't even piss on the ashes.

Piece of shit dealer...

I'm guessing you had a bad expirience with them?
:pop:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Yeah, they shouldn't have ****ed over a 16 year old kid, let alone do it on the telephone thinking it'd never get back to them...

My parents and I got in the car at 8am the next morning, drove down there to bitch them out in person and who should be the first person to greet us but the very salesman that ****ed me over. Should have seen the smile vanish from his face the instant he figured who we were.

Then we had a closed door meeting with the salesman and sales manager who tried to feed us blatantly obvious lies, which we caught them in, and then continued to lie to us some more.

There is quite a bit more to the story, but just know it's a complete f'n sleezeball dealer. I hope it burns.

I guess I should be thanking them though. Had they not ****ed me over I wouldn't have found my Cobra at a different, better dealer in Peoria...

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Yeah, you have to look on the bright side sometimes. Sorry to hear about that bad expirience.

I had a pretty rough time dealing with the sleazeballs I bought my 98 from. First thing I did when I got home was rip off their license plate frame and peeled off their dealer sticker off my trunk :)

BlueVenom01

Established Member
That's where I bought my Cobra from...I wonder if you had the same salesman I did....

While I got out of there with a great deal, I 'll never take my car to them for service. I take mine to Finish Line. Great service there so far... Uftrings service sucks ass!! Thanks to them I spun rod bearings...they told me it was a clogged cat. Luckily it was still under my extended warranty - so I took it to Finish Line and they made sure I got a new longblock out of the deal! :banana:

I feel your pain Tabres..

BlueVenom01

Established Member
btw...anyone know of a good performance shop around here? I've heard about the one in Canton that used to be in Peoria....R&T's Unlimited. Anyone had their Mustang there?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I've had my car to R&T's on two separate occassions. Rob (the owner) was always very nice and personable. All of my experiences with them have been top notch.

If you guys are going to actually be there, I'd considering going. As much as I hate Uftrings it is still cooler to meet people from the boards...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread