People 6'+ in here..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
6'4ish and at first I was really cramed. I switched my speats to Cobra's and for some reason I sit lower in the car and further back. I don't know why. I have a harness bar and it would kind of get in the way if I tried to do this mod because of how the back of my seat sits. I hit the left turn signal every once in while but I try to use the dead pedal as much as possible with my left leg, like when I'm highway driving and such. I'm used to it now.

Rio Red GT

Established Member
6'7" here. I did the free mod when I got the car. I need to do the passenger seat though. On the rare occasion that I sit there it's really tight.

Last edited:

SVTContique

6'8". When it was stock it was a squeeze, i did the free mod and it made it so much better. I'm used to driving small cars, my buddy's old Mazdaspeed Miata was intresting to drive...

But yea, i can drive my car just find, heel n toe at the track can be tricky. But i like it, the mustang is more room than most cars so i can't complain.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
6 ' here.
My damn knees hit the dashboard, my keys, and the damn turn signal.
I hit the right directional by mistake sometimes.
However it's not really uncomfortable. I've been meaning to do the free mod for about 4 yours now, but never got around to it.

Untamed

Established Member
Thanks for the feed back..
All I really need is an extra click or two back.
I think I might try the freemod from MustangWorld first and see how that goes.:beer:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I bought some 03 Cobra seats which allow for a litle more leg room. (all 99-04 seats do) I needed my stock seats to go all the way back to be confortable. I don't mean the seats backs at all, I am only referring to the bottom, and I like it back to strech my legs out since most of my driving is not WOT. Anyway, with the new seats, I don't need to put the seats all the way back to feel comfortable. BTW, I am a little over 6".

SNAKEYE

Established Member
There's another free (and easier) mod that I read about on some forum somewhere.
Remove the seat. Remove the track assembly. Rotate the track assembly 180-degrees (front-to-back) and re-install everything. Only thing on the downside is that the you have to reverse your thinking when you want to adjust the seat forward or backward. Not too bad considering nobody knows which way the seat will go until they actually flip the switch!

Also note, any rearward movement in excess of 2" from stock will have the seat running into the seatbelt retractor.

96ssssvt

Established Member
I'm 6'2", 46 years old, & 30 lbs. overweight. My biggest problem isn't driving, it's getting in and out of my 2" lowered car. If I don't have room to fully open my door I will catch a cramp trying to get out. My 18 year-old son laughs at me cause he says it looks like I crawl out of the car! A couple of inches more sure would help. It also would help on long drives. However I won't be doing this mod as I will probably be selling my Cobra this Spring/Summer!:(

SVTContique

This summer im going to make some brackets to fit my sisters 95 Contour passenger seat into my driver seat.

Not only is it uber comfortable, but its so boltered... its insane, it holds me in better than some of the racing seats i've been in.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
<-- Another 6'4 chump here. I'll be doing the free mod when it warms up, since paying $60 for two strips of steel doesn't excite me much.

Users who are viewing this thread