People 6'+ in here..

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Im 6 foot and with shoes add another inch and its never bothered me, but then again I;ve never understood why people want to be in a recliner when they drive, but you are 6-4'' so you gotta be cramped, Just be careful cuz you dont wanna sacrifice safety for a little more leg room

96 chris

Established Member
I am 6-1 and I plan on doing the free mod shown on mustangworld. You just have to take your seat off and drill 2 new holes 2" farther back. I will be doing that when the car comes out of storage.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I don't know how people have so many problems.

I'm 6'4" tall and I don't even have my seat adjusted all of the way back and I'm completely comfortable.

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
im 6'1 and moving the seat on the tracks was the first mod i did to the car. I keep meaning to do the pass seat too because i always feel bad when i have a tall friend in the car.

96 chris

Established Member
:rolling:
I don't know how people have so many problems.

I'm 6'4" tall and I don't even have my seat adjusted all of the way back and I'm completely comfortable.

You must have really short legs and a long upper torso!:shrug:

j/k!:rolling:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
i am 6 1 and find it more comfortable to be closer, i always had it set all the way back then one day i just had to change it and i moved it up (about an inch)

matsm21

wasting time again?!
Established Member
i'm 6-7 and i did the free mod mentioned above. It's tight , but obviously doable. I also don't daily drive my car. I might have to try those extenders tho.

diablostang

Established Member
I'm 6'2", but I love driving with my knees in the dash.. Can't stand driving in the backseat like other people I know!

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
I'm 6'2" and just have the seat all the way back, but I've been driving SN95s since I was 16 (except for about a 9 month period), so I might just be used to it.

I do have a buddy who is 6'4-5" and he did the extenders and loved it.

msm808

97' Slobra
Established Member
I'm 6'3" and it's pretty damn tight. My leg is wedged between the door and wheel when I shift.

I feel like that dude at the end of fast and the furious who turns around to pick the girl up who wrecks. That tall bastard is almost kneeing himself in the chest as he shifts lol.

96 chris

Established Member
The worst is on long drives (cruisin for 2-3 hrs straight). I find I get cramped up and there is no room down there to really switch position a bit.

coolguy10786

Established Member
The worst is on long drives (cruisin for 2-3 hrs straight). I find I get cramped up and there is no room down there to really switch position a bit.

+1 i hate that so damned much.

I did the free mod and it helped, but i still need like 2 more inches. I will probably get a set of seats eventually that i hope will give me enough room.

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
i'm 6'4", and my biggest problem is when your tryin to get a little sideways I hit my knee with my hand when I turn. also didnt know there was a mod for this I was gonna build a bracket to move the seat back.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
i'm 6'4", and my biggest problem is when your tryin to get a little sideways I hit my knee with my hand when I turn. also didnt know there was a mod for this I was gonna build a bracket to move the seat back.

LMAO, I have this exact same problem. Also every time I turn I flip my turn signal lever back to off haha. I'm 6'4" also and besides that I don't have much of a problem. At first I felt cramped, but now I'm used to it and I like that tight feeling, it allows me to shift and pedal better.

Last edited:

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
LMAO, I have this exact same problem. Also every time I turn I flip my turn signal lever back to off haha. I'm 6'4" also and besides that I don't have much of a problem. At first I felt cramped, but now I'm used to it and I like that tight feeling, it allows me to shift and pedal better.

haha I do the same shit, I basically gave up using my left turn signal cause I always turn it off, I think it may be possible to adjust the clutch pedal down so our knees dont hit the wheel.

Helomech74

Established Member
6'1" here and I hate being cramped up. I need to move the seat back another 2" at least. I am also a big dude too (255lbs), so I think that makes a difference too. If I was a skinny guy it might be more comfortable, as it is, my knee is jambed up against the door and sometimes hits the blinker stalk.

Users who are viewing this thread