Pensacola Fla: swimming advisory from oil spill

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Man o man. Many places here in FL were hoping to get some help from a strong summer crowd to break even during this economy. I fear many long time businesses won't take the strain. Housing is going to be in the tank for at least 3 years.

bluestang41505

Established Member
Its horrific for sure, but sadly seems like only the beginning. Beach closures along the entire west coast of Fla i see in the near future...

i3ooivl

Established Member
It's disgusting. I picked up a mason jar of this crud last night.

bilde

What kills me is that they're turning away volunteers trying to help the clean up effort because we havent taken the right classes.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
freaking awful. its so sad. i love going to the beautiful panhandle beaches in Destin, Ft. Walton, Seaside, Panama City, etc... Wanted to go for the 4th, but looks like we will be headed the opposite direction to South Padre Island now. This mess just blows for all along the Gulf.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Exactly, none here either. I`m just horth of you. A few of my friends in real estate have seen quite a bit of a slow down since this BS happened. F***ing rediculous!

The way I look at it is if/when it does reach our shores then the whole state and this side of the gullf will be ****ed for quite some time. If/when it reaches here that will mean a whole shitload will be getting sucked through the gulf stream down south and around the peninsula.

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
Any of you guy's live in Destin? How are the beaches? We are scheduled to come down next month July 17-24 and we couldn't get our deposit back on the condo. My son has his heart set on fishing but I am afraid his is gonna be SOL

Domingo

LTs on a V6 Vert
Established Member
It's disgusting. I picked up a mason jar of this crud last night.

bilde

What kills me is that they're turning away volunteers trying to help the clean up effort because we havent taken the right classes.

After seeing the effects of the chemicals they're using, including long term organ damage, I'm not surprised that they want volunteers to be prepared.

snakedoctor

Established Member
My 4 year old son has his heart on going to the beach next week since he's never been and I hate to break his heart but I don't think we're gonna make it. Is there anyplace down there that hasn't been impacted yet? We were suppose to leave next thursday. I've heard Pensacola, Gulf Shores, Destin, and Panama city all have had it show up. Is there any place east of those places because I looked on the map and have never heard of any of the other towns that are on the map.

TARZAN

Old ghost
Established Member
If housing tanks too much I see me biting the bullet ahead of schedule and picking up a place. Oil won't be there when I'm old enough to visit regularly lol

-Will

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I live in Gulf Breeze, pretty much near the foot of the Pensacola beach bridge...the place is ruined...makes me sick!

Users who are viewing this thread