PCV tube removal?

Fast GTO

Established Member
I'm running a KB 2.2 and the PCV tube that runs form the driver head to the back of the intake is what I am trying to remove and replace with an oil filter.

What sort of plug do I need to purchase for the back of the intake on the KB once I remove the tube?

cobracide

Established Member
We are telling you don't put a filter on it. I'm not going to tell you how to do it wrong, you are on your own for that.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
We are telling you don't put a filter on it. I'm not going to tell you how to do it wrong, you are on your own for that.

There are some threads on here that indicate that putting a filter on will cause a Vacuum leak. The "make your own Oil Separator" link above will help you avoid that problem.

Last edited:

MVD

Established Member
Just put a JLT pre-filter in where it attaches to the head.

Some major reading comprehension issues here.

The OP is asking how to plug or cap off the line, not what to do with the valve cover.

stal94gt

Established Member
auto zone sells vacume caps. i would also use a worm gear clamp to hold it on.

9110159_dor_47388_pri_detl.jpg

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
If you remove that tube, why would you need a filter? That tube is the recirculation tube for the PCV. It doesn't sound like you understand the fundamentals of the PCV system, or you can't articulate your understanding of it.

Edit: I understand now - a (breather) filter. No input to provide on nonsensical modifications. Sorry.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Some major reading comprehension issues here.

The OP is asking how to plug or cap off the line, not what to do with the valve cover.

That line goes to the valve cover, please correct me if I'm wrong. In that case - removing the vacuum from the pcv system, a major concept you and others have missed then.

Last edited:

Fast GTO

Established Member
That line goes to the valve cover, please correct me if I'm wrong. In that case - removing the vacuum from the pcv system, a major concept you and others have missed then.

Apparently not everyone is understanding.

I was planning on plugging the line by the intake by removing the hose completely thus a plastic plug cap isn't what I am looking for (need a screw in version). A breather was going to be put on the valve cover for the driver side head.

As for balancing it all I was going to do the same to the passenger side head so that I don't have oil fouling up the intake. There are plenty of people who run dual breathers with no issues.

Last edited:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
bump.

So was there ever an actual cap decided for the back of the blower and intake tube or just try to find a vacuum cap large enough to fit and clamp it off?

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Any recommendations on where to get a cap large enough? All the local auto parts stores didn't have one that will fit? :shrug:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Just remove the fitting and plug the hole with an NPT pipe plug. I forget the size, want to say it is 1/2".

That sounds good, ill see if I can just remove the tube fitting all together and plug it like the bottom of the lower intake

Users who are viewing this thread