pcv system with paxton ?

thodge

Established Member
Keep it the way they have it in the paxton instructions, go with a catch can set up, or just do away with everything and slap some breathers on the valve covers?

hopony

Established Member
I did just breathers but I am going to switch to moroso catch can with breather. Tired of cleaning spray off drivers side strut tower.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
The stock paxton/vortech setup doesn't do a very good job, just removed mine the other day for breathers as oil was still getting by the valve.

thodge

Established Member
So on the vacuum block for the autos does the 3/8 line that went to the stock intake tube with the quick disconnect fitting get blocked off, or do you want to put a one way check valve and run in to the intake tube?

Last edited:

imsuperman

Established Member
I have the same questions on my 2013 Auto. I just installed a Procharger and the instructions have you relocate the factory vacuum tree where that 3/8 line with the quick disconnect, and move it to the brake booster line by the firewall. And install the provided aluminum vacuum manifold where that tree was. The new vacuum block connects to that 1/2 hose to the intake behind TB and to the 3/8 hose feeding the brake booster. The PCV on the pass. side is capped off as well as the intake port by TB. A 5/8 hose is connected to the Driver side PCV line that connects to the barb fitting on the inlet tube by air filter. I noticed that Paxton does it differently. I probably changed the routing 5 times this week between running open breathers, catch cans, or just leaving it how the instructions say. I'm not sure which is the best route to go.

Users who are viewing this thread