PCV Delete

PSD_

Established Member
I apologize if this has been covered several times before. I have read through a ton of threads and I am just looking for a solid answer. What is the correct way to delete the pcv system in our cars. This is the last time the whipple will be off for a long time. VMP intercooler is going in and I want to plug the manifold and delete it correctly.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Plug in the bottom of the lower intake. It’s either 1/4 or 3/8 npt, I forget at the moment. Then the correct way is a vented baffled catch can from each VC opening. Then you need to cap off the now vacant opening in the intake pipe.

You can run breathers instead of the catch can, but you will get oil vapors all over the engine and will smell burning oil. That’s why the catch can is a better option.

I ran breathers for 2 years, I have a catch can setup now for when the car is running again.

Here is some oil mist in my engine bay after 2 years….. makes a mess.

02DFE3EA-605C-40CF-8B7D-4A6209175118.jpeg

PSD_

Established Member
Plug in the bottom of the lower intake. It’s either 1/4 or 3/8 npt, I forget at the moment. Then the correct way is a vented baffled catch can from each VC opening. Then you need to cap off the now vacant opening in the intake pipe.

You can run breathers instead of the catch can, but you will get oil vapors all over the engine and will smell burning oil. That’s why the catch can is a better option.

I ran breathers for 2 years, I have a catch can setup now for when the car is running again.

Here is some oil mist in my engine bay after 2 years….. makes a mess.

View attachment 1750524What fittings did you use for the valve covers? I would like to use something that looks nice and clean.

Users who are viewing this thread