PCM Fried Need Help !!! Need a new PCM

eludercobra

Established Member
So long story short, my car has recently been stalling while driving and unable to start afterwards. Theft light rapidly flashes and car will crank but won't start odometer has the 6 dashes through it. Got the car towed to dealership and after a few hours of troubleshooting they have said that the pcm is toast

So I need a new PCM.

Part # 4R3A-12A650-AAB

Is there any other options for an PCM for an 04 Cobra.

I also have a SCT 4 flip chip installed, they removed the chip and it still stalls if it does start after a minute or two of driving.

What's my options.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
just curious if you tried just disconnecting the battery a bit, to reset the PCM, before you had the car towed to a dealer? the only reason i ask, is because i have had this same thing happen to me. it only happened once, and hasnt happened again since (which was over a year ago). for me, the car was running fine. i came home to grab a bite to eat, then hopped back in the car to go somewhere, and it wouldnt start. it would just crank, and crank, and crank...but never start. the theft light would flash, and on the dash where the milage would be was "-------". i ended up just disconnecting the battery for a bit, and resetting the pcm. after that it fired right back up, and hasnt done it again since.

im sure though, if the dealer told you that its fried, then it prob is. just wondering if you tried the pcm reset though before towing it though.

crazycarlo

Established Member
What are your mods? I had a pats problem on 98 cobra. Took it to the dealership, they told me I needed a new PCM also due to the fact they couldn't reprogram it cause it had an aftermarket tune in it. I know you said that you took out the sct chop but if you needed a tune to run because of bigger injectors or ported blower or a maf that could explain why it's not running right with the chip out. Did you use a handheld to check for any codes?

eludercobra

Established Member
Well the problem is fixed, the dealership spent 5 hours looking at and when i phoned again today to confirm they removed the chip they said they did. I drove up to the dealership, and removed the chip myself and the car fired right up and ran fine all the way home. So not only did I order a used PCM last night but I had to pay 700 bucks for them to do nothing but tell me it was the PCM.

Long story short SCT 4 bank chip was the issue.
Ordered a X3 today from Lethal and let Jon Lund tune it.

Thanks Guys

Time for a new dealership

Digital

Established Member
Well the problem is fixed, the dealership spent 5 hours looking at and when i phoned again today to confirm they removed the chip they said they did. I drove up to the dealership, and removed the chip myself and the car fired right up and ran fine all the way home. So not only did I order a used PCM last night but I had to pay 700 bucks for them to do nothing but tell me it was the PCM.

Long story short SCT 4 bank chip was the issue.
Ordered a X3 today from Lethal and let Jon Lund tune it.

Thanks Guys

Time for a new dealership

and hopefully a back charged credit card.

Users who are viewing this thread