PC Build.

thematrixhazune

Follow the white rabbit
Established Member
Nice system - Is the board rated for 125 or 140watt proc - You should have thrown a PII 4x 965 should get a couple hundred more mhz and lower Vcore.

Edit - price, Just glanced and saw that it was a x2 550

Last edited:

SVT IV.VI

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Established Member
Nice rig! Move the HDD up and do a little cable management and call it a day! :rockon: I didn't know we had very many people interested in building PCs. I was about to call :bs: when you said you wanted to OC 3.5+ with that set up, but after :read: I think I can sign off on it. I don't think your gonna burn up your hardware but if it were me I would look into getting a bigger heatsink fan to keep the CPU nice and cool (despite 45nm technology). Awesome build either way though!

In about another year it will be time for me to do a complete overhaul of my rig, but in the mean time this is what I am working with: Intel Q9300 OC'ed to 3.2Ghz(big mistake in CPU choice btw, wish i had gone with Q9550), Asus P5E3 Deluxe mobo, x2 HD4870s in X-Fire, 4GB DDR3 1333, x2 500GB HDD in Raid0 and a 800W power supply all wrapped up in a MM U2-UFO case (has 7 120mm fans so airflow is not much of an issue for me lol). :D

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
yeah me too, ive got a hfe8yrh8f89w8fsii54;['-fa-=fojash in mine, it can telleport me to my last bowel movement and divide by zero.

J/K - I have no idea what the hell this shit is, looks kinda neat though.

iBiTe03

Established Member
Sounds like a nice build. Here is the last one I built but as usual it is outdated now but still works for me.
002-2.jpg

do you run straight water or a 50/50 mix? does your computer have a radiator? lol

RcodeStang

Established Member
He doesn't need a bigger case or power supply... cleaning up the mess of wiring wouldn't hurt though.

The guy with the watercooling probably has the radiator mounted externally, hence the tubes running out the back.

m0ore4ustin391

Established Member
I don't think your gonna burn up your hardware but if it were me I would look into getting a bigger heatsink fan to keep the CPU nice and cool

I have only built 30+ PC's ranging from $500 to $3000 in parts (not including labor) but dont listen to me cuz i have no clue what im talking about. :poke:

I would strongly suggest in getting a new case. Look at the Antec 300, its like $30 more and it has great airflow (mid tower) and removable dust filters for the 2 front 120mm intake fans.

You will need to order 2 120mm fans for the intake because the case does not come with them. You can get 2 fans for like $10 so if i were you thats would i would do.

Antec 300 -
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Last edited:

SVT IV.VI

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Established Member
I have only built 30+ PC's ranging from $500 to $3000 in parts (not including labor)

Congratulations? :shrug:

I wasn't trying to call you a liar or claim that I know everything, I was just trying to throw a hint that most of these components are capable of enduring more than most people think and still function beautifully (but that he should at the very least think about getting a more efficient heatsink).

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
I have only built 30+ PC's ranging from $500 to $3000 in parts (not including labor) but dont listen to me cuz i have no clue what im talking about. :poke:

I would strongly suggest in getting a new case. Look at the Antec 300, its like $30 more and it has great airflow (mid tower) and removable dust filters for the 2 front 120mm intake fans.

You will need to order 2 120mm fans for the intake because the case does not come with them. You can get 2 fans for like $10 so if i were you thats would i would do.

Antec 300 -
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
lol, well I have a degree in electrical and computer engineering

my eWang is bigger then yours :loser:

OP, watch your temps and you'll be fine, there is nothing inherently wrong with your case

Blown 89

Established Member
lol at the people claiming that your computer will burn up. Those two fans are fine. If I were you I'd drop a couple of bucks on bigger fans for your cpu and video card just to kill the noise. I hate hearing a computer while it's on.

Users who are viewing this thread