paxton or set of twins

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
I have a paxton making 650 and i wish i would of went turbo. i already had long tubes installed and the turbo kits were not as popular or "tested" when i decided on my future plans.

i wouldn't say i regret it, i love the car but i would go turbo without a doubt. twins or single, not much difference in price after everything is done.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I have a paxton making 650 and i wish i would of went turbo. i already had long tubes installed and the turbo kits were not as popular or "tested" when i decided on my future plans.

i wouldn't say i regret it, i love the car but i would go turbo without a doubt. twins or single, not much difference in price after everything is done.

I don't regret my Paxton I love it, if i were to do another build car i would look at a big single turbo with of course a built shortblock! But then again your talking big bucks because a tremec xl is more then likely needed! Turbo 8k, supporting parts $1500, built mmr short block $4k , tremec $5500... That's alot of cash to go fast!

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
Yeah i absolutely love my car. but anytime i see a turbo coyote i get that feeling that i made a mistake lol. Although driving around with the tial q is definitely fun. gets A LOT of attention and looks.

Going fast is never going to be cheap. spend the extra if its what you really want or you will always have doubts and possible regret. i don't think anyone with turbos say they spent too much and want a paxton lol (at least i wouldn't)

But there's nothing wrong with saving money and going paxton or any other blower, they all are fun and all make power. I don't think a boosted coyote can be bad

JOK3R

Established Member
Do fast N/A coyotes even exist? :shrug:

I swear I've never seen a car thats owners throw a blower/turbo on more than a new 5.0

Attaus

Established Member
A centri supercharger essentially takes the parasitic loss of a roots.. without the volume. And the slow spool of a turbo, without the increase in efficiency..

Essentially the only advantage pointed out so far is the centri is cheaper. By all means, if you are after a cheaper build, get the centri.

I had one on the Cobra and took it off and will replace with a turbo. I wasn't happy with the centri.. no fat torque curve and no on the fly adjustability. The car is very "on/off". Turbos may be similar, but when you can dial the boost down in the cabin, it becomes a non-issue.

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I wouldn't do a Paxton because I just can't deal with the huge, over 100 lb/ft torque loss compared to a PD blower. I'm sure one of the Paxton parrots will be along to say you can't feel the difference, etc but I say BS.

Having been in many flavors of power adder Coyote there is no doubt at all in my mind. Turbos are king.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
^ Lol yea everyone has their preference I look forward to changing a few minds locally once I get the car up and running

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I wouldn't do a Paxton because I just can't deal with the huge, over 100 lb/ft torque loss compared to a PD blower. I'm sure one of the Paxton parrots will be along to say you can't feel the difference, etc but I say BS.

Having been in many flavors of power adder Coyote there is no doubt at all in my mind. Turbos are king.

you can feel the difference at 30-40% throttle from 2000-4000 rpm.

ther is more torque there.

1/4 mile, there is no difference. it's all what you want out of the car

stretchb

Established Member
Yeah i absolutely love my car. but anytime i see a turbo coyote i get that feeling that i made a mistake lol. Although driving around with the tial q is definitely fun. gets A LOT of attention and looks.

Going fast is never going to be cheap. spend the extra if its what you really want or you will always have doubts and possible regret. i don't think anyone with turbos say they spent too much and want a paxton lol (at least i wouldn't)

But there's nothing wrong with saving money and going paxton or any other blower, they all are fun and all make power. I don't think a boosted coyote can be bad

turbo10_zps4dcc873e.jpg

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Do fast N/A coyotes even exist? :shrug:

I swear I've never seen a car thats owners throw a blower/turbo on more than a new 5.0

Yep there are a few. We have made over 560 HP NA. But in all honesty. It takes a little more money than a Paxton to go fast NA. The heads are expensive to port. Moral of the story is we have been 9s NA with 2 different combos. Also been 10.7 in a auto car with bolt ons with E85.

The common thing with the new cars is to try and make the magic 600 HP.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yep there are a few. We have made over 560 HP NA. But in all honesty. It takes a little more money than a Paxton to go fast NA. The heads are expensive to port. Moral of the story is we have been 9s NA with 2 different combos. Also been 10.7 in a auto car with bolt ons with E85.

The common thing with the new cars is to try and make the magic 600 HP.

600 n/a is a bad boy, but your right, def gets pricey

Users who are viewing this thread