Paxton OPG/Crank Sprocket confusion.

CntrySVT11

Dude
Established Member
Used to post here about 10 years ago but got out of the mustangs for a while. Been lurking for a couple years now though. So I have a paxton going on a 2011 GT. My question is I see OPG's and crank sprockets bundled together in packages but my understanding is that the sprockets are plenty strong on the 2011-2014 Coyote's. Am I missing something? Also, does anyone want to talk me out of doing OPG's on a 600 rwhp Paxton daily driven MT82?

Reaper14

Established Member
I know, this my 1st time getting this far into one. So far so good. Broke a few clips, the dip stick tube & went past 5 min on the front cover install lol. Freaking head ache, but wouldn't have it any other way. Just hope no leaks & all good once done.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CntrySVT11

Dude
Established Member
Sounds like you got it. Hopefully you get a little more leeway than 5 minutes on the silicone. It seems like it could be rough. Did you go through tasca for all the gaskets or is there a better deal to be had? It looks to be just under $70 shipped for all of them.

Reaper14

Established Member
Ya I went through them for all the gaskets & rtv. Got the bolt from arp & gears from mmr. Took my time making sure all was torqued correctly over & over again. I swear I read the how to from here about 10 times before even starting. One thing I will say is you need quiet a few tools. At least more than I had. Local Harbor Freight helped a lot.

CntrySVT11

Dude
Established Member
Alright thanks for the tips. I will probably be doing this in about 2 weeks. I guess I will spring for the crank sprocket too. It would be nice to save a hundred bucks if the 11-14 sprocket is strong enough but if they do fail somewhat frequently I would much rather do it now.

Reaper14

Established Member
This is how much wear mine had on the stock one. It only has 26k mi & I never even been to the track or over red lined it. I felt like that was a lot of wear, maybe it's normal amount. Im not sure but I feel better about that $100 piece of mind.
fef96231de5f4062381e4dc1d142520c.jpg

CntrySVT11

Dude
Established Member
Yeah, I may as well do it. I'm just debating if I should put that hundred towards a damper instead. I suppose I could always do the damper down the road a bit since it is on the outside.

Users who are viewing this thread