Paxton +e85 = win

kaane

Established Member
Just got my car retuned for e85 at True Street Motorsports.

Only Mods

Paxton 2200 from Beefcake Stock pulley
ID1000's
KB BAP
JLT Intake
E85 Tune :)

Must be worlds cheapest 700whp build. Still running stock exhaust with cats.

Alluminator for christmas, since i know it won't last.

ehrt.jpg

notfastenf

Established Member
Great numbers. It looks like you are losing fuel at about 7100 and up as the AF is going up to about 13.5:1 I. Is that correct?

kaane

Established Member
It's out of maf. Has plenty fuel left. On the street i am limiting it to 7200rpm, where the maf runs out with how it is scaled. Once I get the aluminator I'll have the tuner rescale it.

Also that AFR is not True AFR since it's E85.

notfastenf

Established Member
It's out of maf. Has plenty fuel left. On the street i am limiting it to 7200rpm, where the maf runs out with how it is scaled. Once I get the aluminator I'll have the tuner rescale it.

Ah got ya. Yeah, good call on the Aluminator and Corn is the way to go.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

How is it running out of MAF? Aren't there people out there running more power then that on the stock MAF?

kaane

Established Member
ok I take it back. 300 Shot would be cheaper :)

I think I spent a bit over 5K total so far.

MAF can be rescaled for more power, but you will lose resolution and car might run crappier. I will rescale it once I get a new pulley after built motor. at 7200rpm street redline it works fine.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
does anyone know what a safe HP level is on E85 with stock motor with this identical set up? I'm considering going to E on mine, instead of running 93 all the time, but want to retain stock motor and internals since I dont plan on building it anytime soon, if ever. car has nearly 600 at the wheels right now, with the 3.6 pulley on 93. just curious.

Krace

Established Member
does anyone know what a safe HP level is on E85 with stock motor with this identical set up? I'm considering going to E on mine, instead of running 93 all the time, but want to retain stock motor and internals since I don't plan on building it anytime soon, if ever. car has nearly 600 at the wheels right now, with the 3.6 pulley on 93. just curious.

No one really knows, but my tuner (Rob at RWR in littleton Colorado) feels no more than 620-650 whp (uncorrected) on the stock block, with this setup on e85. Any more than that you are killing the life of the motor.

With positive displacement blowers I'd say keep it at 590-600 whp on e85 IMO. Just for the simple fact they create that initial shock to the bottom end, the rods just can't take it.

With e85 you are decreasing piston expansion, with the lower heat that e85 burns. Thus, making it so you can run it harder and make more power in the process.

I'd run any boosted car with e85, even if it did not add more power. Just for the safety/longer life benefits to the motor.

Last edited:

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I am starting my logging with Lund on Monday for E85. Local dyno day sometime in October so I should have updated numbers from that. I will be happy with 650+

Users who are viewing this thread