Paxton "Beefcake" Special Install!

Deerslayer

Established Member
Wish I could see what you are dealing with. Have you gone on the looooong link about this install on the S197 site? There are a lot of extra pics that may help you that aren't on the std. instructions. There are also some different tricks you can use. To be honest, we did our install by just looking at the pics from both, seeing what we had to work with and then did what we needed to do to get proper fitment. We didn't even have to read too much. We mounted the intercooler and built the tubing from there back up to the head unit and intake.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It's not too bad, the only thing that really pissed me off was the pulleys, bracket and all the spacers which was supposed to come pre-assembled. I'll let you know how the rest goes.

The instructions need an update. The reason for this is to insure you physically measure each spacer to insure everything is properly spaced. This will avoid any belt jumping / squeaking in the future.

Tron, Are you bolting up all the tubing before it is all in place? If you fit everything together un-clamped, it fits pretty good. We used the T-Bolts, so it was easy to clamp them tight after we had everything fit how we wanted. Surprised you are having to move the radiator forward even with an 8rib?
13 GT/CS, it is not overly difficult. Some things take time but it is straight forward. Like Blazer said, check out the long thread on S197 and you can pick up some better views for the install. Two weeks+ is about what it takes to get everything in. I think it depends on where Vortech is on production to how long it takes to get your unit. We are about as anal as you can get, so my son and I took our time and detailed as we went and still got it done on the weekend with ease. I think two big additions to the V3 setup is: JPC aluminum tank & Tial BOV.

Yep, you want to lightly fit everything in.

Did anyone here install the JT head unit with the 8 rib setup?
I think the combo of those is what leads to the fitment issues. The 8 rib makes everything stick out an extra .28" plus the blower outlet on the JT is a larger diameter than the self contained head units.

I had to trim extra parts of the fan housing to allow the CIA inlet tube to fit. Had to trim parts of the radiator cover to get it to fit since the CAI inlet tube sticks out further.

It would be nice if Vortech/Paxton inserted the extra steps in their instructions for people that ordered the larger units. Or maybe my car is just f'ed up?

We have a ton of room in the blue car. The red car we did te jt out of the gate with the stock fan, and can make everything fit no problem. It's tight, but everything does fit. you just need to take your time, you may need to trim the fan a little more at the top, but nothcing crazy

Users who are viewing this thread