PAULS HIGH PERFORMANCE FULL AIR INTAKE INCLUDING THROTTLE BODY AND UPPER INTAKE !!!!!

Terminator03

banned
DAMN!!!! Nothing like another 40 horse at the wheels :) This is a great performing as well as looking product. Single blade bored and polished throttle body, and a redesigned upper intake. Oh yeah and a very nice looking brushed aluminum heat shield around filter. Man just when i started getting traction in getting sideways in first again. Oh well, this was well worth it. heres a pic.

2003snake

Established Member
is the front of this box open? Does it open to the fender?

Where and how much?

Thanks!

J.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Next questions: How does it idle? Has driveability suffered? Do you drive it on the street at all?

Inquiring minds want to know! :rolling:

Hammer

Established Member
It seems to me that, so far, all these aftermarket heat shields are lacking. Look closely at the shield. There are a lot of areas where the filter can suck air from the engine compartment.

And this shield is aluminum? Doesn't metal hold heat more than plastic? So as the engine compartment heats up, so does that heat shield. Then it emmits heat into the filter side, no?

And the heat shield is open up front. I bet that's where most of the air is sucked in from the filter...in the front. I would like to see a heat shield that better isolates the filter from the passenter compartment. I look at this picture and want to put duct tape all around it to seal it from the engine area. The stock heat shield is pretty tight all around. I bet the Ford engineers did that for a good reason.

But I bet that the throttle body and ported and polished inlet tube are worth some tenths at the track...

Ray Ackerman

Established Member
I don't know about the kit,but Paul just finished work on my Bullitt 4.6 2v Vortech. If Paul can make a stock 2v put 412rwhp and 395rwt out i'm sure he can make our 03's run like a raped ape!!! Give him a call......Paul and his crew is top notch.

ronreid03

Established Member
Pricing? A very knowlegeable tuner indicated to me that the stock TB and upper intake combo was very restrictive. I'd like to see dyno numbers on this setup. Specifically the gains attributable to the intake and TB.

Ron

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by ronreid03
Pricing? I'd like to see dyno numbers on this setup. Specifically the gains attributable to the intake and TB.

Ron

Ditto!:idea: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread