PATS module location?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Does anyone know for certain where the PATS module is located?

I've read that it is under the dash, and also that it is in the trunk? Or are there two modules?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
96 97 FORD MUSTANG PATS KEY SYSTEM IGNITION HALO ANTITHEFT ANTI THEFT | eBay

Here is the whole setup:
99%20pats.JPG

The black box is located above your left knee behind the fuse box.

Last edited:

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I thought the big black box was behind the trunk liner on the left side of the trunk. I cable tied my BAP to it.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I thought the big black box was behind the trunk liner on the left side of the trunk. I cable tied my BAP to it.

That is what is completely confusing me. I can find people making claims for both locations, and find Ford parts diagrams to support both claims. And I can't go out and look on my car itself since I'm gone from home until Friday.

Really frustrated because I'm lined up to have to car tuned in 3 weeks and it won't start. I know it's one of these two items at fault.

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member

Haha, this is the beauty of the 94-98 and 99-04's.

On the 99-04, the black box is definitely under the dash as I mentioned and the 99+ dash actually has built in clips for it to clip into (dealt with this personally with my swap), but if it's in the trunk on the 94-98's then voila' for the OP.

:beer:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Just to follow up, I haven't looked in my own vehicle yet, but according to the nice parts gentlemen at Tousley Ford, on a 96 at least, it's in the trunk. This is at least consistent with what Mark is reporting from his experience! :)

Bright Blue Cob

Established Member
According to the Ford Shop Manual for the 1998 Cobra it is on the drivers side inside the car, it doesn't say exactly where of course.

Tinastang1

Ok i have a 97 ford mustang i have both antitheift modules:( ones under the dash on driver sidd the other in trunk but the keyless entry module is using the same plugs as the antitheift module? But there is a 2 prong plug that used to have a module connected to it what could have been? It was stolen and theh took that module and my antitheift dont have no power to it ?

Users who are viewing this thread