Path to 10,000 RPM Coyote - GT350 RGR or MAST HEADS?

twistedneck

Established Member
Hi yall.. i'm sure you have seen the pure evil fox body by now that laughs at 9600 RPM. I posted my notes on that engine below. Its dyno'd and tuned at JPC not sure who built it.

Key - heads - and remove VCT and AEM computer and bigger bore to support higher head flow.

1. who knows about the new MAST heads?
2. Can the new GT350 heads beat the old boss heads if the boss are ported?
3. What results come from RGR porting the GT350 head?
4. How and when will the MAST / Cortex head perform?
5. What MMR specific sprockets and braces and tensioners etc.. are best for 10,000RPM?

I can imagine shifting at 9500 .. **** EVERYONE>

Here is the dyno run

and then the 1/4 mile blast

LISTEN TO NEARLY 10,000 RPM RIPPING IT UP!!

1. 1. Factory GT350 block and heads for 5.2L and about 5% more flow than boss heads and thats before Rich Groh Racing re-ports them. The cubes help a lot to unshroud those valves.
    2. Very small factory based cams - intake cam is the L&M version with slightly more duration and optimized timing of valve events (makes more high rpm power and keeps the vct) - but these guys tore off the vct.
    3. Twin 65mm TB instead of the big single bore (because they had one, they didn't have a mono blade handy)
    4. 14.5:1 compression. stupidity and excellence
    5. K1 chinese blank rods - not bad.
    6. No PCV system!
    7. Idle is all f'd up even with the small cams with vct that would have been smooth. idled better once warmed up.
    8. Sounds like a psycho small block should!!! Love those insane RPMs.
    9. Only 9200 RPM? Good god. Those are small lift cams with big springs keeping it smooth.
    10. you can't go over 8500 with vvt because they can't overcome the valve forces.
    11. That G-force stupid trans is like direct drive
    12. 1-7/8" headers - why go small with the 5.2 @ 9200+ rpm!!???
    13. wicked fuel C16 but not even Q16 yet! (5% oxygenated)
    14. the AEM controls are good if you want that dash and need to do unlimited rpm and monitor all the cams and springs. very nice.
    15. 13.0:1 AFR steady and HP never rolls over just keeps climbing!!
    16. 'More than 20' degrees of timing advance thats pretty stout with this rpm and beast compression and no ethanol fuel like C85.
    17. 9582 RPM and still making more power. WTF!!!!!! this is the super wicked small block king master. those heads were designed for 9000RPM from the factory dont forget only the cracked blocks reduced it to 8250RPM redline.
    18. Super smart hipster full bearded tuner.
    19. std. 47lb injectors - same one everyone uses NA.

twistedneck

Established Member
Any updates? the article is still not out yet on NMRA race pages digital.

Maybe someone who runs a wicked combo NA on a coyote can respond?

Its time for us to go low 9 seconds with a mt82 NA coyote - could use some help.

Users who are viewing this thread