passenger side interior water leak?????????

TokenBlackGuy

Established Member
i was picking up a magazine off the passenger side floorboard and noticed it was wet after raining these past couple days. i traced it to the far right of the dashboard underneath the ac vent on that side(a little wet to the touch). i checked the door weather stripping, it looked fine. any ideas???? i'll try to troubleshoot it this weekend. unfortunately, i don't have a garage. i used the search feature (water leak) here on SVTP and all i came up w/ that was relevant was svt focus problem. possibly from the engine bay??? your thoughts? thanks....btw, i have an 03 hardtop.

:??: :??: :??:

here's the link to the focus problem: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530721&highlight="water+leak"

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
There is a drain that can get clogged up and do thjis if I remember correctly. That or the heater core. I've had a heater core go in my last one and it was a bitch.

TRBO VNM

I will be the odd man out, heater cores are not that big of a deal...well, not the terminator or fox body. I have had those dashes out and imo, they weren't hard to do at all. there is a lot to remove and takes time, but never seemed hard.

I actually still have the heater core from my other comp orange if you need one.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Get in the car and have someone hit it with a hose and investigate. It is a coupe right? If it was a vert...that would be a whole nother story. They can leak like a bitch just being off a tiny bit. If its the heater core you would smell the sweet odor of anti freeze. I also agree with Jason, they arent that big of a deal to replace. Good luck and hope you find it.

Last edited:

TokenBlackGuy

Established Member
Heater core????

Get in the car and have someone hit it with a hose and investigate. It is a coupe right? If it was a vert...that would be a whole nother story. They can leak like a bitch just being off a tiny bit. If its the heater core you would smell the sweet odor of anti freeze. I also agree with Jason, they arent that big of a deal to replace. Good luck and hope you find it.

yeah, i have a coupe. i definitely don't smell antifreeze. i noticed it after a hard rain for a few days. if its the heater core, wouldn't there be a leak all the time? idk, thanks for the tip, i'll hit it w/ a hose this weekend.

Last edited:

TokenBlackGuy

Established Member
I will be the odd man out, heater cores are not that big of a deal...well, not the terminator or fox body. I have had those dashes out and imo, they weren't hard to do at all. there is a lot to remove and takes time, but never seemed hard.

I actually still have the heater core from my other comp orange if you need one.

hey, j. i appreciate the offer. i'll definately keep that in mind. thanks.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I had that problem. It only happened when I used the A/C or the defrost. Turned out to be a crack in plastic part that catches and drains the condensation.

If it is weather related...get a garage.

TokenBlackGuy

Established Member
I had that problem. It only happened when I used the A/C or the defrost. Turned out to be a crack in plastic part that catches and drains the condensation.

If it is weather related...get a garage.

thanks for the input. i'll check that, too. how hard was replacing that? i wish we could get a garage right now. but we need a bigger house, first.

Users who are viewing this thread