Passenger frontal airbag inflator safety recall

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Apparently inflators are on intergalactic backorder.... so we will be waiting a while im afraid. :/

V8Flexin

Established Member
Well considering multiple millions of air bags have to be replaced across 30+ car brands, it's gonna take a while. Looks like every car maker is focusing on protecting the driver side first, then move to the passenger side. I had my driver side done on my Shelby last summer. The parts for my wife's fusion is still not available yet.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I got my recall notice 2 years ago. I call the dealer every month. No replacement in sight. Bet is I had cash and was paying them to do it, one would magically appear.

V8Flexin

Established Member
More than likely they are fixing older cars first and running up to the newer models due to the older one's are more likely to cause injury/failure. The Merc dealer I work at have a system set by vin. Once the owner verify their address Merc sends us the airbag for their car and we set the appointment for them to come in.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
And the wait continues...

Updated Recall Notice.jpg

Imatk

Established Member
I wonder if they're just holding off and not fixing cars and sending these letters out just to cover their ass in a lawsuit.

That would be my guess... but I'm a skeptic :)

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
they cant get the parts, there's 10s of millions of cars under recall, the manufacture is bankrupt (but operating) so not like they can go to the local Autozone and pick them up

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Got the 16S26 / 16V-384 notice for my 2007 Ranger yesterday.
Thought it odd as I never got a driver side notice, ( 15S21 ), on this VIN, but got one for both GT500's
Got one for my 09 Ranger, passenger side, last March. Still no parts.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Its honestly a shit sandwich. Industry laid its eggs in one basket and this is the result. Is why you always need 2 vendors for everything at a minimum.

As stated, its not a Ford problem, its a Takata problem.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Received this notification in the mail today... getting the work scheduled ASAP!

Notice.jpg

mikes35

Established Member
Got mine in the mail today as well. I've been waiting on the passenger side one to arrive so I can get both the drivers and passenger side done at the same time. Calling today to get an appointment before they disappear

einehund

Established Member
So mine was an export, bought new in Germany in 2010... how would i know what zone i am in? I did have the recall for the driver's side done.

cstunkard

Established Member
Premium Member
Received the letter as well. If it ever stops snowing I can take the car out of hibernation and get it fixed.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member

mikes35

Established Member
I called my local dealer. They didn't have any of the recall bags. Said they were ordering them as needed. They told me they should arrive in about 2 weeks. We'll see....

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Had my passenger side airbag inflator replaced this afternoon at my local dealer, 45 minutes in and out with no issues. FoMoCo was billed $235.05 for the recall repair. Hoping those of you still affected get quick resolution as well.

Users who are viewing this thread