Passenger frontal airbag inflator safety recall

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Just as I am about to schedule my car for the driver side airbag inflator housing to be replaced, I get this little gem in the mail... and replacement parts are not initially available for this one either:

Ford Safety recall notice.jpg

Ford airbag recall.jpg

Has anyone else received notification?

Snoopy49

Established Member
Recall Number 16V384000
Recall Date 05/31/2016

Component
AIR BAGS PASSENGER SIDE FRONTAL

Summary
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2007-2011 Ford Ranger vehicles, 2006-2011 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr/MKZ vehicles, 2007-2010 Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX vehicles, 2005-2006 Ford GT vehicles, and 2005-2011 Ford Mustang vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands, or "Zone A." Additionally, unless included in "Zone A" above, Ford is recalling certain model year 2007-2008 Ford Ranger, Edge and Lincoln MKX vehicles, 2006-2008 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr/MKZ vehicles, 2005-2006 Ford GT vehicles and 2005-2008 Ford Mustang vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, or "Zone B." Any vehicle not included in "Zone A", or "Zone B" is not included in the safety recall. These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules, and used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the front air bags, these inflators may rupture due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.

Consequence
An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.

What Owners Should Do
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin July 11, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S26.

Recall Number 15V319000
Recall Date 05/28/2015

Component
AIR BAGS FRONTAL DRIVER SIDE INFLATOR MODULE

Summary
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2005-2014 Mustang vehicles manufactured April 6, 2004, to June 21, 2014, and 2005-2006 GT vehicles manufactured February 20, 2004, to September 22, 2006. The affected vehicles are equipped with a dual-stage driver frontal air bag that may be susceptible to moisture intrusion which, over time, could cause the inflator to rupture.

Consequence
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.

What Owners Should Do
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front driver side air bag inflator, free of charge. The recall began on June 10, 2016. Even if interim repairs were performed under safety recall 14V-802, owners must bring their vehicles in for the final remedy. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S21. Note: This recall supersedes safety recall 14V-802.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the details Snoopy. My GT500 has been registered in Virginia, Louisiana, and now Maryland (and spent three years in California though I never registered it there) so I guess there is no escaping this one... yes, I get around :coolman:

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
I received mine today as well but I have not got anything about the parts not being available. :shrug:

Stetler17

Established Member
I have the Shelby, my daughters V6 and the wife's Accord all waiting on bags again. Thought I was making progress when the drivers side became available earlier this month.

rdanzy

Established Member
Got the recall notice for the Shelby and the wife's MKX. Just had the drivers side air bag replaced last month. Not really concerned about the passenger air bag as no one rides with me.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Got the 16S26 / 16V-384 notice for my 2007 Ranger yesterday.
Thought it odd as I never got a driver side notice, ( 15S21 ), on this VIN, but got one for both GT500's

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
My airbag light has been on, and I did get the letter for the driver's side. Will mention the passenger side / be on the look out for ANOTHER letter from Ford.

fullboogie

Established Member
No ETA on passenger side, 2 months on driver's side. I guess Ford better hope there's not any problems between now and then...

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Had my driver's side airbag inflator replaced this morning at my local dealer, 40 minutes in and out with no issues. FoMoCo was billed $125.20 for the recall repair.

No ETA on passenger's airbag inflator.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I got that one the other day too. Wonder if I can just trailer the shell of my car down to the Ford dealer and have them change it. Lol

DropSVT

Established Member
Damn takata! I got 13 recall peices of mail for my airbag in my honda in the last year. Finally had it done last week

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread