Parts are coming in.........

Helomech74

Established Member
Yeah, the car is lowered, but only about 1.5" in the rear. A good buddy of mine has his car lowered the same, and he has all kinds of room. It's almost like my rear is sitting further back in the car (it's not because the wheels are centered in the wheel wells.) I contacted the distributor, and also TA direct, and although they were super helpful, we didn't come to any conclusion at all.

FunkyBoss

Established Member
My stock cover had plenty of clearance. Comparing the profile between the two, I think the TA will fit without a problem. So far I have the rearend torn down and the ABS rings swapped to the new axles, I'm about to swap the gear and then I'll probably quit for the night and enjoy my bud lights!!!

Helomech74

Established Member
Oh, my stock cover had all kinds of clearance. There wasn't an issue until I installed the TA cover. The TA cover has a really beefy mount flange on it, so it sticks out further, and also, the brace across the back of it sticks out as well. At first I was hitting right above the brace on this little rib, then I adjusted the spare tire well a little, then it hit the main brace. So, I adjusted the spare tire well again, then it hit a little more on the brace. You get the picture. I just keep "Adjusting" the spare tire well until it clears all the way. I have no issues with this at all. I was just making it known, that mine did hit.

Users who are viewing this thread