Parts are coming in.........

FunkyBoss

Established Member
thanks to my tax refund! :banana:

After snapping my axle last year, I've learned my lesson and will be prepared this year:

TA Girdle:
100_3789.jpg

Moser 31-spine axles
100_3790.jpg

The 31-spline diff should be in today and I should be installing this weekend!:)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I got IRS in my car with level 5's..... But your parts are :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon: I had an 88 lx with a built 8.8 rearend.:beer:

FunkyBoss

Established Member
It's tough to spend this kind of money on mods that won't increase performance, but peace of mind more than makes up for it. I ran my blown GT on the stock rear and never had a problem, but better safe than sorry.

96badvenm

Established Member
It's tough to spend this kind of money on mods that won't increase performance, but peace of mind more than makes up for it. I ran my blown GT on the stock rear and never had a problem, but better safe than sorry.

+1 on that man, i have such a hard tim spending money on my car that isnt going to make it faster or handle better haha.

But the money was well spent since you had to replace parts in the rearend anyways, you might as well do it right!:rockon:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
when i got mine the bearing and axles were shot, worn out. so may as well upgrade while your at it. lets hope that you dont have to grind the pin to make the axles fit like mine

FunkyBoss

Established Member
when i got mine the bearing and axles were shot, worn out. so may as well upgrade while your at it. lets hope that you dont have to grind the pin to make the axles fit like mine

Was it the axle bearings that were shot? I priced some out but didn't purchase them. I'll have it torn down tomorrow and will decide on the bearings from there. Hopefully grinding won't be necessary.

351inside

Established Member
^^^ LOL, im going to MT, i havent had the car on the bfgs for about two months! LOL, but when i go the track im not going to launch it to hard! LOL... SIck upgrade dough, im thinking of buying the girdle and new fluids for the mean while... Im not sure yet.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
Was it the axle bearings that were shot? I priced some out but didn't purchase them. I'll have it torn down tomorrow and will decide on the bearings from there. Hopefully grinding won't be necessary.

axle and diff. bearings were shot. axles had bad grooves where the bearings were gone. so only thing left to do was upgrade :-D

My94GT

Established Member
miller lite > bud light haha

ive had the parts for my rear sitting in my garadge for over a year now, im putting a clutch in tomorrow then next weekend i hope to put the rear in if i dont go out of town. its a good peice of mind mod. worth every penny

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
everything looks good ....I just got done installing my FMS 31 spline trac loc(carbonfiber clutches).... hope to order my axles soon

Helomech74

Established Member
I installed that same TA Girdle. It was advertised as Low Profile to clear the spare tire well, sway bar etc. Well mine hits the crap out of the spare tire well. I had to "Malletize" the spare tire well to make room for the girdle. I have no idea why it hits. The car has never been in an accident and the rear end is sitting perfectly square under the car. I was a little pissed at first, but after a few adjustment sessions with the hammer it clears just fine.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I installed that same TA Girdle. It was advertised as Low Profile to clear the spare tire well, sway bar etc. Well mine hits the crap out of the spare tire well. I had to "Malletize" the spare tire well to make room for the girdle. I have no idea why it hits. The car has never been in an accident and the rear end is sitting perfectly square under the car. I was a little pissed at first, but after a few adjustment sessions with the hammer it clears just fine.

Is your car lowered?

Users who are viewing this thread