Part numbers for Pigtails

Createawon1

Established Member
I have a 2001 Cobra with some issues. Car has the standard 4.6 4v and tr3650 with no performance mods. I crushed the pigtail connector that connects the transmission wiring harness into the main engine harness while trying to reinstall the transmission. I have no reverse lights, speedo, odo, neutral sensor, 02s as a result.

Hard wiring them is one thing, but not the smartest for future work that might need done. I'm looking for the part number for this pigtail and just rewire it that way back to normal. I have the Motorcraft catalog of pigtail connectors but it is immense and I am lost. THank you verymuch for your help!

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Post a pic of the other side and or a pic of the screwed up one. I have a book from ford on all the connections

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Createawon1

Established Member
Post a pic of the other side and or a pic of the screwed up one. I have a book from ford on all the connections

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Ill have to get underneath it and above the transmission to see if I can pull it down and disconnect. SHould have some time tomorrow.

Createawon1

Established Member
I pulled the trans and the harness today. Here is the result. Luckily, only the male side that connects to the trans harness was damaged. These are 16 slots and 9 pins coming out of them. On my motorcraft catalog, the female end seems to be a 16 cavity connector #WPT-326 or 3U2Z-14S411-JVA. Any ideas on the male side?

Attachments

• pigt.jpg
    pigt.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 125
  • ptc.jpg
    ptc.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 162

Createawon1

Established Member
Thanks all! I wondering about the other side that connects to that where the pins come out of as well. Do they come as a package together?

52merc

Established Member
I don't see the male pigtail in the catalog. Are there any numbers or logo on the connector which might help in determining the connector OE?

52merc

Established Member
EPC stands for Engineered Plastics Company. They make a commercial line of connectors under the brand EPC. They also make custom connectors for Ford. There is at least 1 aftermarket supplier that sells the connector for WPT-326 and its mating connector. They want about $75 for each connector, which I'm sure you are not very interested in forking out. Your best bet will be an auto salvage yard. This is actually a fairly common connector used on a wide variety of vehicles through the years. I am doing more research and if I find anything I'll post it.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
IIRC all the manual transmission harnesses are the same 99-04 except for the Terminator. Maybe look for a used harness from a GT?

Createawon1

Established Member
Thanks for the help everyone. I had a Mustang/Ford wizard friend help me out and ebay supplied the part. Everything has worked great so far. 4 new O2 sensors and fixed wires solved every problem with the excecption of one reverse light. One is good enough. No CEL and it's running great. Thanks for everyone's effort and watch your harnesses when reinstalling a transmission!!!

Users who are viewing this thread