Parnelli Jones Saleen

snakecharmer

Established Member
Number 75 of the run of 500 found a home yesterday. In my garage. :) I'm in complete love. Best looking of the S197s IMO, though I know Grabber Orange isn't for everone. (I didn't like it first time I saw the color myself, but it looks great with the black accents). The car drives fantastic, and IMO all 400 ponies are present and accounted for. Saleen did an awesome job on this car, I can't find a single bolt out of place. The fit and finish is first class.

I picked her up from Ciener Woods Ford in Kernersville, NC, same place my first Saleen came from. Fantastic people to do business with. That's the owner giving me the keys in the last pic.

PJ1.JPG

PJ2.JPG

PJ3.JPG

PJ4.JPG

PJ5.JPG

PJ6.JPG

PJ7.JPG

PJ8.JPG

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
O you must be extremely excited and from the looks of your stable you will stay that way. ;)

What does that "Passed Dyno" sticker mean?

Also, I can't believe that dealership has two of those very limited cars.

Last edited:

03RedCobra

Established Member
I've been looking at that car in the magazine, and would Love to own one !!

Did you pay the asking price, or did they tack on an "aftermarket adjustment" price ???

snakecharmer

Established Member
Sticker price on the car (they are all identical) is $60565. As far as Ford is concerned, it is a Mustang GT, so I got the current rebate. There was no ADM.

The dyno passed sticker was actually on another car. It was either missing or had already been removed from mine, but I do plan on calling Saleen and asking for mine's sheet if they have it. If not, it will be making a trip there soon enough anyway. :)

Basic motor specs are:

Saleen Built 5.0L (302 CID) 3V Modular
Forged pistons, crank, and rods
Re-worked heads, valve train, and performance cams
Under-drive pullies

I was told this was the original factory motor from Ford, modified by Saleen and then put back in the car. It has just enough of a lope at idle to let you know the cams are not stock (sort of like an LS6 does if anyone is familar with those). The exhaust note is killer. I love it. The gears are upgraded to 3.73s out back, and of course the usual suspension goodies, including a Watts-Link on the rear end. And yes the hood shaker does function.

The only thing they didn't do that was on the original spec list was the valve covers, which they were supposed to dress up. Std Ford stuff on them instead. I may dress that much up a bit with some nice flat black ones. :) But ZERO performance mods are going on this baby.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Congrats! That is one sexy looking vehicle, and my favorite of all the S197s. :rockon:

I have always been a big fan of those old school Grabber colors. Totally gives the car that muscle car look. Louvers and black accents do the trick!

Do you plan on slappin' a gumball decal on that bad boy? I Would love to see some under the hood and interior pix! :coolman:

snakecharmer

Established Member
svt4stv said:
which one's you and which one's the owner? :shrug: :p

those are nice! congrats.

I'm on handsome one on the left. :D

Will try and do some interior shots today. It was dark when I got home last night.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i was trying to get a good look at the watts linkage arrangement at a recent car show. was kinda hard to get a good look

but from what i saw, the diff cover and attaching hardware looks pretty wild...

Users who are viewing this thread