Panhard bar needed?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Not unless you are lowering the car. Thats usually when the axle becomes more off center

edit: iceman is right. I was not paying attention to the width of the tire you are using

Last edited:

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Yes, with 315's. you need to center the axle. Chances are your passenger side is going to rubb the inner wheel well. Up to 305's, it just a matter of aesthetics, but if you go larger than 305's you will need one.

twawsico

Established Member
+1 I had to install one. As Iceman said, the passenger side inner rubbed slightly without it.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Yes, with 315's. you need to center the axle. Chances are your passenger side is going to rubb the inner wheel well. Up to 305's, it just a matter of aesthetics, but if you go larger than 305's you will need one.

This is correct. Even at stock ride height, the axles are off to the drivers side a bit, lowering the car exaggerates this. Installing wide tires, like a 315 width, will almost definitely need to have a panhard bar installed to prevent any rubbing even at stock height. I would recommend going with either the Whiteline bar or the BMR bar. We have both of these in stock.

My personal preference, I like the BMR for on car adjustability and the price point with Free Shipping. The Whiteline products do have a better bushing, and we offer free shipping on these as well. Our customers are split 50/50 between the two, so it really comes down to color options I think. BMR is offered in black or red, and Whiteline is available in silver. You can also order through our site and receive a discount by using coupon code "SVTPERF" during the checkout process. Let us know if you have any other questions :beer:

Last edited:

moD

Established Member

Hi Van

what's the difference between the $139 and $169 panhad bar?

I just installed new wheels 295 in the rear driver side wheel sticks out of the fender about 1/2 inch More the right side

I got pilot supersport and they look like 305s from how they stick out. I love how they look but i just want to even out the look and have my suspension centerd

My car is not lowered and I don't plan on lowering it so do you recommend I still get the panhard bar ?
and do I need to get my car re aligned after installing it?

Thanks

Myfast70

Established Member
If it's not rubbing then it's just a matter of looks. If you can't live with it get a new adjustable Panhard rod and center the rear. No alignment needed.

The difference between the two is that one has two poly bushings and the other has one poly and one spherical (it will have a bit less deflection that the poly/poly).

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The spherical rod end itself will have no deflection. The height of the arc (or saggita) the bar swings in will also be far more consistent throughout the dynamic range than with a poly or rubber bushing as well.

moD

Established Member
If it's not rubbing then it's just a matter of looks. If you can't live with it get a new adjustable Panhard rod and center the rear. No alignment needed.

The difference between the two is that one has two poly bushings and the other has one poly and one spherical (it will have a bit less deflection that the poly/poly).

The spherical rod end itself will have no deflection. The height of the arc (or saggita) the bar swings in will also be far more consistent throughout the dynamic range than with a poly or rubber bushing as well.

Thanks guys appreciate the info

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Just wondering, I am going to be installing 20x10 concave wheels with a +40 offset with some MPSS 295/35ZR20/XL 105 (Y), I know this wheels will probably stick out with that offset, will an adjustable panhard bar keep this setup under the fender wells?

662HP631TQ

Established Member
How long do these things typically stay adjusted? I ask because I think you adjust it, and drive it hard how long does it take before it needs to be Re-Adjusted?

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
How long do these things typically stay adjusted? I ask because I think you adjust it, and drive it hard how long does it take before it needs to be Re-Adjusted?

Once adjusted, you should never have to readjust unless you make a change that requires fine tuning. The jamb nuts will stay in place if tightened correctly. For a bit of extra peace of mind, I added a few drops of blue loctite on mine and it's held fine for two years so I have no doubt it will hold until I change it.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Once adjusted, you should never have to readjust unless you make a change that requires fine tuning. The jamb nuts will stay in place if tightened correctly. For a bit of extra peace of mind, I added a few drops of blue loctite on mine and it's held fine for two years so I have no doubt it will hold until I change it.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread