Painting/ Dipping Center Console

Blkblk13car

Established Member
My center console plastic has seen better days, I’m not a fan of the dark silver paint anyway since it seems to look dirty all the time.
I’m considering getting it hydrodipped along with some other plastic trim. I kinda had an idea pop in my head of getting it painted and clearcoated then ceramic coated. Maybe a dark grey with metallic to match the billet looking shelby trim along the top of the console?
Anyone seen it?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like a good idea. Probably good idea to tie in some other interior pieces like the door handle bezels, etc
-J

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I considered hydro-dipping some under-hood items, till I saw several cars with finish damage. It seems that these coatings are not very resistant to rubbing & can be gouged very easily.
I only mention it because you say your center console is beat-up = high wear area..

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
My center console plastic has seen better days, I’m not a fan of the dark silver paint anyway since it seems to look dirty all the time.
I’m considering getting it hydrodipped along with some other plastic trim. I kinda had an idea pop in my head of getting it painted and clearcoated then ceramic coated. Maybe a dark grey with metallic to match the billet looking shelby trim along the top of the console?
Anyone seen it?

I will try to find the link. I saw on American Muscle, or some mustang site some carbon fiber looking, and different color adhesive cover kits for most makes and models. I haven’t seen any in person so dont know how they would hold up, but they looked good on tv.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
I will try to find the link. I saw on American Muscle, or some mustang site some carbon fiber looking, and different color adhesive cover kits for most makes and models. I haven’t seen any in person so dont know how they would hold up, but they looked good on tv.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think going in the direction of the American Muscle CF kit would work for you. I would not recommend going with hydro-dipping on parts that will get regular contact from hands, rings, keys, phones, etc. because they're more prone to scratching, nicking over time. JMO.

I do like the AM kit. Both their red and black kits look nice, depending on your interior color.

Users who are viewing this thread