Painting Brembos

455HO71

Established Member
I am getting some new rotors and pads shortly for my car and am pondering painting the Brembo calipers red. Still not sure as I don't mind them being black but just wondering how anyone did it (what paint or process). Also, how would I go about getting another Brembo emblem?

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
There are threads on diy caliper painting. I ordered hi temp brembo decals from eBay. They come in all colors.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

455HO71

Established Member
There are threads on diy caliper painting. I ordered hi temp brembo decals from eBay. They come in all colors.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Ya I figured there were maybe some threads archived here on this but I was lazy and didn't look first lol. I've done my own handy work on painting my coil covers that turned out great but just wanted to see if simple high- heat spray will suffice. I'm not powder coating. Thanks for the info on the decals

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
I initially pained mine with spray on caliper paint. See avatar. Since then when I get a spot that needs touching up I just use the caliper paint and a small brush. Looks really good and the paint holds up well.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
G2 is awesome. I am now debating on whether or not to strip them and do red now though to match some other parts.

e8sqpx.jpg

455HO71

Established Member
G2 is awesome. I am now debating on whether or not to strip them and do red now though to match some other parts.

View attachment 1468230
Looks great- I actually love yellow but not sure how that would look with a red car and charcoal/ grey wheels. Although I'm wondering if red calipers would be too much red. Ughhh....decisions decisions to paint or keep black.
Thanks for posting

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Red would be too much on a red car. You are looking fora a contrast. Heck one person even chromed his. If you take them off to paint watch the brake fluid. It does not like paint. Ask me how I know.

455HO71

Established Member
Red would be too much on a red car. You are looking fora a contrast. Heck one person even chromed his. If you take them off to paint watch the brake fluid. It does not like paint. Ask me how I know.

Oh no! I do know that brake fluid is not a friendly substance to paint! I like yellow but I think it might be a tad too off with red. The best color of car to paint brake calipers is a black car....you can pretty much paint the calipers any color and it will look good

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
i am painting mine a lime green and my car is white paint with blue stripes- while some folks think calipers should 'tie in' other colors on a car, i prefer the contrast route and do not think they need to tie in anything...however, i would stay away from pink and brown no matter what color the car is.

Last edited:

enormous

Established Member
Has anyone tried the 3M High Temp Caliper wrap product. Many colors are offered and the blue Caliper Wrap would suit my 08 Alloy Brembo's perfect the way I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread