~Painted The Underside Of My Hood~

forcefedcobra

Established Member
nice work bro! Thankfully the underside of my hood looks pretty decent. However, I will have it done to the nine's whenever I finally get around to having the cobra repainted.

pony23

Established Member
Damn Kevin, that looks great. Can't believe that it was done with a can!!! I was going to have mine done at a paint shop but now I just might have to buy some cans and give it a try.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
After seeing the 1st thread on this I have been want to do this. Now after seeing your I will order today!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That really came out good! I honestly didn't expect it to come out that great. I'll bet more people will now try it after seeing yours. Good instructions, too!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Very nice job!

I sprayed mine a few years ago but never put down a clear coat. One of these days I may have to sand it down and respray and apply clear coat because the micro fiber towels always snag on the underside of the hood when I wipe it down after washing the car.

Is yours smooth when you wipe it with a towel like the exterior of the car?
I would think it will be much smoother now. It did hang up a lot on the microfiber towels before I painted it. I won't be wiping on it until it is cured all the way. Then I will wax it.

Btw, where did you get those vent covers? Also when drilling holes in your hood are you concerned about rust forming?
The stock hood is fiberglass so no rust there. I bought the hood vents from True Forged. Here is a group buy he had going on. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...3275-true-forged-billet-hood-vent-gb-3-a.html

I installed hood shocks about 5 years ago at the Dream Cruise. We had to drill holes into the engine compartment body panels of the car to anchor the shocks and someone asked me what about rust? I have not noticed any rust during the 5 years but who knows whats waiting in the coming years. :shrug:
After I installed/drilled the holes for the fender mount, I took the bolts out and painted the threads and reinstalled the bolts with a small dab of silicone on the head of the screw. I also have never driven in the rain so I'm sure that will help also.

another awesome job by 04Sleeper. Looks good Kevin. What wheels are you rolling on these days?
Thanks J.R. I have the stock wheels on it now until my new set of True Forged are ready. :(
4631013444_616fa6ea8d_o.jpg

very nice work kevin, never ceases too amaze me on how clean ur car is
Thanks Billy. :beer: How is your car running?

looks amazing, let alone for rattle cans

you should teach seminars on how to properly clean and care for your car, i don't think i have ever seen one as clean as yours :beer:
LOL... Thanks man. :beer: That would be fun. "04sleepers Car Care Seminar" coming to a car show near you. :thumbsup:

Looks great, and that place was my life saver. My mirrors had a bunch of small chips in them and I repainted both of them with that rattle can paint and they still look brand new.
mirror.jpg
The paint lays down great for a can. It seemed to be very high pressure and the nozzle sprayed more like a gun rather than your typical can. Good stuff for sure!

just when I thought you could not make your car any more perfect....there you go. Every time I see one of your threads its something I add to my to-do list on my car. lol.
LOL.. Thanks. :beer:

you're good!
Thanks Scott. :thumbsup:

Thats ****ing awesome! I cant believe how well it turned out from a rattle can paint job!
Honestly I was surprised as well. I have never used a spray can that sprayed the way this one did. They must use a special nozzle and more pressure or something because it was very easy.

man that is nice an rob at the show i couldnt stop looking at you motor
:beer:

looks great!

u should have taken pics of the stickers up close and had them re-made

looks great
Thanks. I do have a few pics of the stickers on my cell phone. They were not very fancy. I could also ask Jeff to make me some if I really wanted some new ones. :-D

looks great Kevin! The factory actually didnt do too bad on how much paint they laid down, i've seen alot worse.
Thanks John. I have seen a lot worse as well. But I have also seen a lot better too! LOL.. Hows your tune coming along?

looks great
:beer:

nice work bro! Thankfully the underside of my hood looks pretty decent. However, I will have it done to the nine's whenever I finally get around to having the cobra repainted.
Thanks Bro. That is what I would have done as well, but I don't need a repaint just yet so this will haveto do.

Kevin, your detailing ability is amazing! That looks incredible.
Thanks Justin. :beer:

Damn Kevin, that looks great. Can't believe that it was done with a can!!! I was going to have mine done at a paint shop but now I just might have to buy some cans and give it a try.
Thanks Bert. I was going to bring mine to a paint shop as well and figued I would give this a shot first. I didn't want to take the hood off and risk scratching the top side of it taking it over to the paint shop and then when reinstalling it. I'm glad I tried this first!

After seeing the 1st thread on this I have been want to do this. Now after seeing your I will order today!
LOL... I have actually had the paint for 2 weeks now. I just got around to doing it now though.

That really came out good! I honestly didn't expect it to come out that great. I'll bet more people will now try it after seeing yours. Good instructions, too!
Thanks Bob. I honestly didn't expect these kind of results either. But the cans seemed to spray more like a spray gun rather than a spray can. Also I believe the actual paint they use has much better quality than regular spray paint. I'm sure this helped as well on how it came out.

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Looks really good man. Seems like a good way to also paint an engine compartment too. Im gonna let my supra buddy know, Hes been wanting to do his engine compartment.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Looks really good man. Seems like a good way to also paint an engine compartment too. Im gonna let my supra buddy know, Hes been wanting to do his engine compartment.
Thanks Andy. It does work well. I would think it would be good for an engine compartment as well.

Damn Kevin that looks awesome. Very nice..
Thanks Chris. :beer: Any buyers for the Cobra yet?

Users who are viewing this thread