Painted my stock wheels!

dormeas

Established Member
So I had my stock (non-chrome) wheels sitting around, and decided to try and do something cool with them. This was the outcome, what you think? I used Rustoleum flat black spray cans and a blue pin stripe from a local boat shop.

SDC12291.jpg

SDC12293.jpg

SDC12299.jpg

SDC12302.jpg

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Awesome bro!

I have always wanted a cheap set of black stock wheels so when winter comes around I can throw them on.

Looks badass!

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I think it turned out awesome. Definitely looks different, but in a good way.

Jefe

Established Member
Definitely looks good. Gloss would be better IMO but nice job!

dormeas

Established Member
Those look great, could you post a close up of one????? What was the process to paint?????

That one angled shot is probably the best close shot I have right now. But I seriously just bought like 4 cans of Rustoleum flat black from Rural King, washed the wheels so they were decently clean and smooth, and then started painting. Any imperfections that showed up after the first couple of light coats, I sanded out with wet/dry 800 or something. Repainted until even and smooth. A friend of mine took the self adhesive pen stripe and laid it on.:beer:

When I get tired of them like this, I'm gonna sand blast them and repaint like a dark charcoal gray.

Black Sex

Established Member
They look good I think. If you clear over the flat black it will give it a semi-gloss look which I think would make it look even better IMO

Users who are viewing this thread