Painted couple parts Blazing Yellow for the 5.0 Coupe

8URC6

God Bless America
Established Member
Cell phones pics, but think everything turned out well.Got these brake covers from American muscle JULY Sale. They were MGP red then painted them same color as the car.:banana:
IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

8URC6

God Bless America
Established Member
+1 on the engine covers, what method did u use to paint them?

I had a good friend that owns a body shop do them, he had to use a special primer to get them to be smooth because they are kind of a rough finish from the factory. (not sure what kind of primer though). Once the primer was applied sanded it down and sprayed them with yellow blaze then a clear coat.:beer:

kingnut

Established Member
engine looks ok. the caliper covers are rice. i cant believe people think that it looks good. its just like people badging a v6 with 5.0 emblems.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
The coil covers are very nice ..look factory ! but take those rice covers of the brakes (serious)

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
Coil covers are very well done - great accent. I will reserve comment on the caliper covers as I follow the rule - its your car, make it as YOU appreciate.

Enjoy the ride.

~Darren

8URC6

God Bless America
Established Member
We need a close up of the covers are they rice?
They're far from rice, the stock calipers were a bright sliver and just didn't match the car. Painting the covers a factory color should not be considered rice maybe leaving them red or painting them blue with spray paint may be considered "rice"....

I will work on close up pics of them

Users who are viewing this thread