Painted a few parts VHT Wrinkle Black

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Well I am getting a few parts powder coated (valve covers, timing chain cover, pulley bridge, and MM strut tower bar) and since I had to keep the Eaton decided to spice it up a bit.

I had seen another member on here paint his SC wrinkle black and liked the look. Plus I had my IC res wrinkle black. So I did a trial run on my coil covers and plenum. The Eaton is in the storage "wrinkling up" paint takes forever to dry and wrinkle.

Anyways I like how they turned out hope the Eaton turns out just as good. Just finished baking the coil covers and plenum. Should have a colorful engine bay when the engine gets reassembled and installed in the next few weeks.

Sorry for the pic sizes had to use my phone and can't edit or at least don't know how on my phone.....

IMAG0318.jpg

IMAG0316.jpg

IMAG0317.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

IMAG0319.jpg

IMAG0322-1.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0376.jpg

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Yeah it should look pretty good when it is all put together. I'll post pics when it is all said and done. Yeah and they don't look bad for a can of 8$ spay paint......

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Damn it!! I need to do this on my Blower, TB and Plenum....:bash:

Careful it is going to set you back 16$ ha ha. Now is the time since you have it off the car. We'll see how the blower turns out I painted it this evening and it takes about a full day for the "Wrinkle" to show face. Plus it looks much better in person. I'll see if natural light will net better pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

mrose75

Established Member
Careful it is going to set you back 16$ ha ha. Now is the time since you have it off the car. We'll see how the blower turns out I painted it this evening and it takes about a full day for the "Wrinkle" to show face. Plus it looks much better in person. I'll see if natural light will net better pics tomorrow.

Johnny, I'll be looking for the pics. Not quite sure if I wanna blow the $16 on wrinkle paint without some good proof of the results. What'd you do to prep the surface. I've heard everything from scuff the paint to strip it with aircraft cleaner. It looks good though.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Johnny, I'll be looking for the pics. Not quite sure if I wanna blow the $16 on wrinkle paint without some good proof of the results. What'd you do to prep the surface. I've heard everything from scuff the paint to strip it with aircraft cleaner. It looks good though.

Marcus,

I am lazy i scuffed the paint we'll see how she holds up. I cleaned it pretty well I also hit it with a coat of black standard paint first. Used alcohol it is all I had figured it be better than water.

mrose75

Established Member
Marcus,

I am lazy i scuffed the paint we'll see how she holds up. I cleaned it pretty well I also hit it with a coat of black standard paint first. Used alcohol it is all I had figured it be better than water.

I scuffed mine up pretty good as well. Just don't know if I should do more. The last one I saw, I think the guy used aircraft stripper. Came out sweet as hell, but like you said. We'll see how I holds up, that'll be the real test.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I would think even if you take it down to bare metal you still need to scuff the AL. The stock paint holds up well so I think just scuffing the paint is ok. The sc is looking pretty good will bake it later this evening. And take pics.

BLK93GT

Established Member
I did quite a few things with some wrinkle black but some came out better than others. I used a heat gun to help it along on a few small parts too. That came out nice.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
It will be a couple or weeks before all is put back in the car, still waiting on the parts being powder coated, and engine being reassembled. I'll post pics when done though.

This paint is pretty easy to use it holds it own and does not run very easily.

Users who are viewing this thread