Paint starting to look like crap on side scoops

y2kpony

Established Member
I recently had a set of fore precision works side scoop inserts painted gloss black and installed. Now I've noticed this before but now it really stands out to me how the paint is starting to look bad on the fronts of the side scoops right by the door. The car only has 17,000 miles on it. Just curious how many of you guys have the same problem as I have. Im sure this is caused by the wind when driving. My 2000 gt had this but that was after 60,000 miles and being outside all the time. I'm sure I'm not the only one but just wondering how many of you guys have this problem and if you did anything about it. Thanks.

JW03

Established Member
on my 2003 the scoops faded and looked absolutely horrible. I had them repainted. my car was black.

Last edited:

va boy

Established Member
Mine have a few rocks chips, or whatever it is also. Bugs the piss out of me. I'm sure it isn't even noticed, but I know they are there. I have a low mileage car too, so I'm not sure why mine have any chips out at all. When it bugs me enough, I'll take em off and shoot them with some fresh paint.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not an uncommon problem at all. We've heard numerous Terminator owners complain about this over the years. At least it isn't a major fix. More of a big annoyance.

y2kpony

Established Member
You know I understand having rock chips and stuff like that. That's gonna happen because I drive the car every chance I get when it's nice. But the rest of the car looks real nice. When this drives me crazy enough I will have it fixed. I guess it really stands out to me because I go over the car like no one else will. Thanks guys for chimming in.

I have 95k on mine. I also have the Fore Precision scoop inserts. My scoops have a lot of paint chips and wear in that region. Its going to happen on any car with any serious mileage. So I wouldn't be too upset. I believe those scoops are plastic as well. Very cheap quality.

Users who are viewing this thread