Paint Issues ( Competition Orange)

AFJuggalo81

Driver Mod in progress...
Established Member
Okay when I bought my Terminator the drivers side rear view mirror was cracked so they replaced it under warrenty. When they replaced it I also showed them a discoloration in the kick panel. They painted both and now at night under parking lot light the mirror and kick panel are an Mustard Yellow sort of color it's pretty much a lighter orange than the rest of the car. It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't very noticeable. I've had them try and match it numerous times and now they say that the orange does that because it's not painted like the rest of the car from the factory by machines so it's like Electroless? And it shades of little lighter well I was wondering if any other owners have had a problem like this? I'd have them repaint the whole car this lighter orange because it's only noticeable at night but I don't want lines and ruff edges like everyone has been telling me I'd have. So what are the cons of having a whole car repainted?

racebronco2

Established Member
the panel behind the door and below the scoop is a little discolored but i cannot see it unless i am close to it while washing the car

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
the screaming yellow has the same problem. the plastic pieces are not quite the same as the metal pieces. not too bad though, i'm scared to let them paint because it might be worse when finished. good luck

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Mycars paint job looked like a 13 year old chinese hooker painted it with orange fingernail polish while she was in between blow jobs..
By deale said that "well, your car is orange, so it should have some orange peel in it"..
Of course,I sold it..
L.

ORANGE CRUSH

Bayou City Terminator
Established Member
Yes at night in a certin light my plastic is a shade lighter but not so bad that I would want the whole car repainted. I'm still more pissed at the damn dealer for drilling holes in my bumper for the damn Texas lic plate :mj:

Users who are viewing this thread