Paint correction and ceramic coat.

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
Wow did my white car come out nice!!! I've very very please with how it all came out. The pics don't do the car any justice at all. It's by far better than when she came off the showroom. It's hard to make factory paint have a nice smooth finish, and this guy did a good job of getting there. It's no mirror, but its miles better than what it was!

Check the 4k video I loaded into YouTube. That shows how well the colors pop a little more than the pics.

I definitely recommend doing it!

10b8ff18e5bc7747ba45a6d723ebe63f.jpg
924db85365600f29399a97818cd1939e.jpg
f68b01274739f326c0e1e61cdcdcf393.jpg
32b6441ba4098c701c603ec3ea101963.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Wow did my white car come out nice!!! I've very very please with how it all came out. The pics don't do the car any justice at all. It's by far better than when she came off the showroom. It's hard to make factory paint have a nice smooth finish, and this guy did a good job of getting there. It's no mirror, but its miles better than what it was!

Check the 4k video I loaded into YouTube. That shows how well the colors pop a little more than the pics.

I definitely recommend doing it!

View attachment 1560292View attachment 1560293View attachment 1560294View attachment 1560295

Looks sweet man.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Looks great! I have a ceramic coating on 2 cars that are not driven much, dont get dirty etc. So really wanted to gain an appreciation for the technology, so last week had our 17 F350 done. Will be interesting to learn how it works on a daily driver.

NavyTrev

Who's that?
Established Member
What happens in 5 years when the durable ceramic coating starts to loose it’s effect? Do you have to use an aggressive correcting compound and pad to remove all of it then reapply?

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
What happens in 5 years when the durable ceramic coating starts to loose it’s effect? Do you have to use an aggressive correcting compound and pad to remove all of it then reapply?
Depends on what style ceramic has been done. Some require wet sanding to remove, others will just buff off. Not sure what the epic process is yet. I'll have to ask.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your guy did an awesome job. The paint looks really great now in both the photos and in the video. I can only imagine how much better it even looks in person. Gorgeous!

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Wetsand for the 10H coatings like IGL Kenzo and Gtechniq Ultra. Most 9H is compound/polish off. The coatings just fade away usually, you will notice it is gone when your paint is not hydrophobic anymore and not as glossy.

I just Kenzo'd a Black w/Red Strip 2012 GT500 and holy moly it looks amazing. Pictures are on my phone.

NavyTrev

Who's that?
Established Member
Depends on what style ceramic has been done. Some require wet sanding to remove, others will just buff off. Not sure what the epic process is yet. I'll have to ask.

That’s what kept me away from ceramics. I can only find a few instances where people have had to remove or replace them. I’ve kept my car on the natural stuff to avoid aggravating the paint later even though ceramics offer more protection.

Users who are viewing this thread